cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province wide call

Lionelj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to call a number in b.c. and I live in b.c. I have province wide calling but it wont work? What do I do

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lionelj 

If your daughter has a 250 number then that's relevant. Otherwise it doesn't enter into the problem.

Try the 1 in front of the 10 digits.

The tower idea from earlier is certainly possible if you're close to any of the 4 borders.

It's also possible that the prefix of the number is newer and not yet known in whatever database PM uses for numbers.

Lastly, try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

@Lionelj wrote:

This is first 250 area code I'm trying to call all calls to my daughters work fine

One of my daughter had this problem too (not with the same number but with a same province number)..the moderator fixed it.Smiley Happy

Lionelj

Ok will try thank you

Lionelj

This is first 250 area code I'm trying to call all calls to my daughters work fine

@Lionelj wrote:

Hi sorry for late response but I am fairly new I call my daughters no problem but cant call 250 number that's within bc

If you are still blocked..here write a message to the moderator..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Share-the-love-get-a-25-Credit-for-You-... and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Lionelj

I'm in bc never left and trying to call a bc number it's a 250 number 

Lionelj

Hi sorry for late response but I am fairly new I call my daughters no problem but cant call 250 number that's within bc

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smp99 wrote:

You said that you live in B.C. When you made the call, were you physically in B.C. or were you visiting another province or were you very close to the Alta/Yukon/Washington border?

Just because your phone is registered to a particular province does not mean to can call back to that province if you visit another province.

@smp99  these are possible factors as well, but I'm betting @Lionelj just needs to dial with the "1" in front of the number, as @ShawnC13 implied.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You said that you live in B.C. When you made the call, were you physically in B.C. or were you visiting another province or were you very close to the Alta/Yukon/Washington border?

Just because your phone is registered to a particular province does not mean to can call back to that province if you visit another province.

m0neywise

Is the number you are calling in service?

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lionelj Just wondering, Are you calling first time means are you new to PM or not ?

Do you mean that you can call on all other numbers in BC but not on only one number ?

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lionelj wrote:

I'm trying to call a number in b.c. and I live in b.c. I have province wide calling but it wont work? What do I do

If the number is considered long distance froma landline you will need to dial 1 before the number.  If it is just saying long distance charges may apply don't worry you can't get additional charges.  Now if you are in a border town close to  Alberta you could also be connecting to a tower outside of BC and that could also be the issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.