cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province coverage

TravisPrez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m in Ontario but will be travelling to Quebec. Will I still be able to make calls and text from another province? I’m on the $40 4.5gb plan currently. 

2 REPLIES 2

@TravisPrez wrote:

I’m in Ontario but will be travelling to Quebec. Will I still be able to make calls and text from another province? I’m on the $40 4.5gb plan currently. 

The province of your phone number makes no difference for making outgoing calls.  Your phone number could actually be from any city and it still wouldn't make a difference.  Are you on a province-wide calling plan or a Canada-wide calling plan?  If you're on a province-wide calling plan, you'll only be able to call Quebec phone numbers while you're there (you can call any Canadian phone number if you're on a Canada-wide calling plan). For incoming calls, there will be no difference in service as you can continue to answer all phone calls.

As for text messaging and data services, these are both avaialble Canada-wide. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TravisPrez 

Yes, as long as you're in Canada with access to the Telus network, you should still be able to make and receive calls/text messages.  The only caveat to this is your plan.  For example, if you have Province-only minutes and you go to Quebec, you'll be able to call within that province. 

Most plans are Canada-wide minutes now, and if you're not on a Canada-wide plan, you might want to take a look to see if it's worth switching.  Alternatively, if the Province-only plan works better for you, you can purchase an Add-On to bridge this gap of calling (back) to Ontario or other places in Canada. 

For further details/scenarios for province-only plans, see here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/how-province-wide-talk-works

Otherwise, for Canada-wide plans, it's much simpler and you're good to go!  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.