cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province Wide Talk and Text

TeamTilley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just set up my account tonight and chose the $25 province wide talk and text, but cannot call my home phone number, says it is long distance, even though they are both in the same area code, any ideas how to fix this? 

14 REPLIES 14

TeamTilley

Unfortunately not....I am on the island of Newfoundland!!

TeamTilley

Thanks Syed, just responded!! 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @TeamTilley,

We've replied to your message.Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TeamTilley by chance, do you live near a provincial border?  (common example is Gatineau/Hull but there are other provincial border towns of course)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TeamTilley

Texting works, I can call other PM numbers.... just not my home phone number.   Strange.  

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you @Anonymous

I totally missed that there. I recognize your name now that I see the post again.

I apologize for that, tagging your name unecessarily.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jarvar wrote:

Welcome to Public Mobile @Anonymous

Like @smp99 suggested. Have you tried any other provincial numbers? Did any of those work? Or is it the same outcome?

@Jarvar: Thanks for the welcome but I think you were intending to welcome and comment to @TeamTilley the OP.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @TeamTilley

Like @smp99 suggested. Have you tried any other provincial numbers? Did any of those work? Or is it the same outcome?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi. Try calling other local numbers from your cell. Also try calling your cell from another number to see if you can receive calls. 

I assume you you have a PM signal since you got that message, but does texting work?   Just making sure 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeamTilley wrote:

I restarted my phone and still saying I do not have a long distance plan when I try to call the home phone number, so i have sent a message on to a moderator....and will await their response.  Thanks for taking the time to help me!!

Well...while you're waiting the couple days for them to get back to you.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

The other is to manually put in another $1 into your account and restart phone.

TeamTilley

I restarted my phone and still saying I do not have a long distance plan when I try to call the home phone number, so i have sent a message on to a moderator....and will await their response.  Thanks for taking the time to help me!!

@TeamTilley wrote:

I am starting fresh and got a new phone number, I will try restarting the phone and see if that helps.  Thanks

@TeamTilley

Try the tricks as explained by @Anonymous Which you can read more about here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-funds-but-will-not-renew-or-re/m-p/284552#M20518

Otherwise you might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. Your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted. Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT).  For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

TeamTilley

I am starting fresh and got a new phone number, I will try restarting the phone and see if that helps.  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeamTilley wrote:

I just set up my account tonight and chose the $25 province wide talk and text, but cannot call my home phone number, says it is long distance, even though they are both in the same area code, any ideas how to fix this? 

Did you port a number over or did you start out fresh?

This is being a troublesome problem recently.

Did you restart the phone?

There are two tricks that might make it right.

One is the lost/stolen feature and the other is adding another $1 to the account.

But I'm not sure they're doing the trick.

Need Help? Let's chat.