cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection plan

Jdenn083
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are there any protection plans? Like can I pay a monthly fee so that if my phone breaks I can get it repaired? Like insurance that most large companies offer.

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jdenn083 

PM does not sell phone.  When you buy a new phone, there is 1 year warranty by manufacturer.  If you pay for it using credit card with extra 1 year extended warranty.  You will get 2 years warranty.  I purchased 2 HTC Amaze 4G from London Drug 7 years ago.  Both of them broke within a month and less than 2 years.  I filed a claim.  Insurance company for cc asks for my London Drug receipt + my credit statement showing the purchase + a copy of HTC warranty.  Since the HTC Amaze was no longer in production, it will be over the price I paid for them if insurance company want to buy another model as replacement  I received my purchase price + GST from the cc insurance company.

Make sure to check your credit card extended warranty policy.  Most of them does not cover electronics.  Only purchase of new product is covered.  Refurbished or open box are not covered.  The full amount must be paid by your credit card in one transaction.  Therefore, buy a phone through provider tab system with payment over 24 months will not covered. i.e. no installment payment.

@Jdenn083  how about a screen saver and a protection case. You can always look for private protection through company's like this https://www.wirelesswave.ca/en/mobile-protection-plan/

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jdenn083  The only protection plan around here is called a backup phone.

If you need a protection plan for your phone then it doesn't sound like PM would be a good fit for you.

PM is a no frills biggest bang for your buck provider, sounds like you're looking for a white glove full service provider.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer any.  Here is an article from Consumer Reports about them.

https://www.consumerreports.org/insurance/is-smartphone-insurance-worth-buying/

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile is 100% "Bring Your Own Phone" - so they have no involvement in the acquisition and maintenance of your device. That will be solely up to you to inquire with the vendor who provided your phone hardware, or possibly purchase some insurance through a 3rd party provider...

Need Help? Let's chat.