cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion / special offer for add-ons?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Has there ever been a promotion or "special" or "limited time" offer on any add-ons? Such as buy 3x1GB $30 data add-on for the price of 2 ($60) or a christmas special get 5GB add-on data for $90. etc

Do you think there will ever be? If not, why not?

14 REPLIES 14

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@RobertQc Yes sir it's IDE. I compressed it to 40 mb capacity. And I added extra RAM for a total of 4MB RAM. I was the big kid on the block!!

GC

If it's a Conner, I'll give you $1 for it it you include shipping. 

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Then there is the thought that such a deal would bring in customers who are otherwise using 7-11 and Petro Canada mobile.  This brand has gone stale in recent times.  They watch what Chatr is doing and respond.  It doesn't hurt to try something different and be a leader again.  They can introduce the SMS add-on and see what happens.  They can withdraw it any time.

I like it. Ok public mobile. Do it! GO! @Alan_K Be a leader, get us some Add-On Promotions / SMS Add-ons... please and thank you 🙂

@will13am wrote:

BTW, never hoard tech.  Price are subject to decrease without notice. 

Sigh, so many bins of "old" computer stuff that I should have sold when it was worth something. Anyone need some 72 pin SIMM's? 😞

FPM or EDO?  And are the contacts gold or tin?  Way back, there was talk about needing to match the contacts up on the SIMM modules with the type of contacts on the motherboard.  There was much debate at the time on it, but I believe it's fair to say that unless you're still using one of these computer systems, it really didn't matter. 

I also remember all the talk about the timeframe for the life of a CDR and how they would degrade over time.   The blank manufacturers didn't want us to know this at the time, but those 100 year life cycles really depended on optimum storage conditions.  Over time, I found that CDRs started becoming useless not because of the lighting or the color of the disc, but because the outer layers would start scratching up too much to be read, or even the layer would started peeling off. 

I miss needing to match those 72 pin SIMMs up in pairs.  At first, when I saw 'SIMM", I thought we were talking about SIM cards and it took me a moment to realize that we were talking about RAM modules.

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There hasn’t been anything in the past like that, as others mentioned, Public seems to stick more towards adding bonus data or other features to other plans as an incentive. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobertQc Lol. Look at that price. I can't remember for sure, but I think I paid almost $200 for a 2 gig stick of ram!!

GC

EDIT:  a 2 MEG stick of ram, not gig!!

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@RobertQc Yes sir it's IDE. I compressed it to 40 mb capacity. And I added extra RAM for a total of 4MB RAM. I was the big kid on the block!!

GC

@GreatCanadianYou showed them!

Hard-disk.jpg

GreatCanadian

GC

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Sigh, so many bins of "old" computer stuff that I should have sold when it was worth something. Anyone need some 72 pin SIMM's? 😞

I'll trade you my 20 MB internal hard drive for your SIMM's!

GC

@GreatCanadianHaha I am excited. 5 1/4" hdd days were good. Is that ST412? Clearly not IDE

GreatCanadian

@RobertQc wrote:

I'll trade you my 20 MB internal hard drive for your SIMM's!

GC

@will13am wrote:

Then there is the thought that such a deal would bring in customers who are otherwise using 7-11 and Petro Canada mobile.  This brand has gone stale in recent times.  They watch what Chatr is doing and respond.  It doesn't hurt to try something different and be a leader again.  They can introduce the SMS add-on and see what happens.  They can withdraw it any time.

I like it. Ok public mobile. Do it! GO! @Alan_K Be a leader, get us some Add-On Promotions / SMS Add-ons... please and thank you 🙂

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Another missing piece to the puzzle would be a text add-on to complement the limited usage plan. 

@will13amMaybe they are afraid of how many people would switch to the $10 plan if they offered SMS add-on.

@will13am wrote:

He said he tried to make the math work out but it was simply cheaper for them to stay with Koodo.  It was all because of the periodic sales on the add-on minutes and data.  The usual discount is half price.

I would pick up a lot of add-ons I didn't need if they were half price.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I was going to bring up this very topic last week but got side tracked and forgot all about it.  I was talking to a colleague about bringing his parents over from Koodo prepaid.  He said he tried to make the math work out but it was simply cheaper for them to stay with Koodo.  It was all because of the periodic sales on the add-on minutes and data.  The usual discount is half price.  Another missing piece to the puzzle would be a text add-on to complement the limited usage plan. 

they have some intersting plans/addons,  i think pm is cheaper overall ie talk and text is 35$ at koodo but here is $25  the one that caught my attention is the long distance  it is more costly than PM $30/300 min vs $15/400 min but the list of countries is 50 not 18. 

@will13am wrote:

Another missing piece to the puzzle would be a text add-on to complement the limited usage plan. 

@will13amMaybe they are afraid of how many people would switch to the $10 plan if they offered SMS add-on.

@will13am wrote:

He said he tried to make the math work out but it was simply cheaper for them to stay with Koodo.  It was all because of the periodic sales on the add-on minutes and data.  The usual discount is half price.

I would pick up a lot of add-ons I didn't need if they were half price.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I was going to bring up this very topic last week but got side tracked and forgot all about it.  I was talking to a colleague about bringing his parents over from Koodo prepaid.  He said he tried to make the math work out but it was simply cheaper for them to stay with Koodo.  It was all because of the periodic sales on the add-on minutes and data.  The usual discount is half price.  Another missing piece to the puzzle would be a text add-on to complement the limited usage plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Interesting idea,  to my recollection there has not.  

will there be one I doubt it. as for reasoning  i think it would be hard for people to "keep  3 addons in stroage" for future use.  (the exact words) escape me at the moment though.

Need Help? Let's chat.