cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Frequency

PilotCass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community!

Does anyone know how often PM offers different promotional plans? Once a year, twice a year, etc?? Or if they usually have specific promotions during certain times of the year?

Would love to get some family members on PM in the future.

Thanks for your insight!

13 REPLIES 13

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@PilotCass I have been here 2 minths and have seen

1. get your second 30 days free 

2.get your second 30 days free a second time. 

3. get a free 3G add on.

4. get an extra 500mb with a 35.00 plan total of 2G (they kept this for a limited time for all members) 

5. get 10.00 off your first six months. 

So over a couple months I have seen 5 promotions. Those are the ones I remeber along with 2 times they dropped the SIM card to 5.00 and they also dropped the 1G add on to 15.00 and jept it as well. Oh and 20.00 bonus for your first referal promotion too. 

So lots of opportunities  to bring family members on.  

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PilotCass Watch this site for good deals on PM SIMs and vouchers. https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/public-sim-card?variant=31239577829465

Ah yes, see it and got it - Thanks @zblackma 

zblackma

@esjliv  scroll down to just under plans the middle of this page 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

@geopublic hi - Where do you sign up for deal alerts? thanks

zblackma

Recently they have gotten back to having promotions. Stack up on SIMS so once a good one comes along, you are prepared to take advantage of it. Welcome to the PM reseller society @PilotCass .

@PilotCass 

The COVID-19 pandemic notwithstanding public mobile tends to have a couple of six week dry spells (promotion wise) a year of which we've had one already (Feb 4th - 16th) then six weeks of pandemic til we had a promo email sign up (that was a new twist) may 5th - 7th. Followed by a targeted text bonus referral credit (may 14th -31st) and another email sign up promo (May 25th - 27th.) These were not advertised at all. Normally there is about one flash sale promotion per month which increase in frequency leading up to black Friday and Christmas.

It would be best to sign up for deal alerts as suggested and check in every two days or so and look at the announcements, discussions and the lounge sections to see if there are any promos offered that are not being advertised other than on the plans page. I would see if you can collect some emails from interested parties so if an email sign up promotion occurs you can sign them up to qualify and then work on getting them to switch.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@PilotCass wrote:

Hello Community!

Does anyone know how often PM offers different promotional plans? Once a year, twice a year, etc?? Or if they usually have specific promotions during certain times of the year?

Thanks for your insight!

@PilotCass, nothing to add about the frequency of promos but the savings here compared to what family and friends are paying with other providers can easily be larger than the promos if people wait months for one to show up.

If someone is currently paying $80 a month and can come here to pay $40 is a huge amount of savings and waiting 3 months for a promo that might save you $60-$80.  So bring up he much they can be saving each and every 30 days rather than waiting until a promo comes up to try and get them to switch

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PilotCass , promotions happen quite frequently.  However, they don't represent major savings.  Typically you are looking at saving maybe one thirty day cycle of fees.  Best to keep track of announcements on this site.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 

Seems to me that some of these promos of late are from the school of stealth marketing. Suddenly someone notices something on the home page. Or that it only shows in Quebec.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PilotCass  Best to signup for deal alerts from Public's website.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PilotCass wrote:

Hello Community!

Thanks for your insight!

Nobody in this Community Forum can accurately answer your question. Best is to keep a sharp eye on the "Announcement" section or sign up to have Announcements sent to your email whenever they occur. Top of page. click on Plans..scroll down to sign up for Deal alerts. Sometimes the Flash Sales only last a very short time so you gotta be fast.

@PilotCass wrote:

Hello Community!

Thanks for your insight!

No one can predict the future.As of late, Public Mobile rarely does any significant promotions.

Need Help? Let's chat.