cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo not applying to account

Sanamo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I received the following promotion in my email. I bought a new SIM from a local store, used the email account that the promo identifies, but this promotion has not been applied to my account! Upon rereading it, it says to purchase a sim online. Did that really make all the difference? Can I get this promo applied to my account? 

We’ve been
thinking about you.

Hey, we’ve noticed you’re no longer with Public & we’d love to have you back.
With Canada’s most affordable plans, no contracts or commitments, and rewards that save you more, we’ve got you, and your wallet, in mind.

An exclusive offer just for you:
Activate before June 30, 2020 using this email
&$-$+$+$$+@gmail.com
for major savings of up to $200*.
Get $10 off your bill for 12 months
when you activate on a plan $25/mo or lower
(Total value: $120)
OR
Get $15 off your bill for 12 months
when you activate on a plan $40/mo or higher
(Total value: $180)
+
Even more savings of $2/mo when you
Activate Now
How to redeem this offer:
1. Get a Public Mobile SIM card online.
2. Activate your SIM card online before June 30, 2020 using (email address) as your “Username (email address)”. We’ll use this email to know who to apply the discount to.
3. Choose a plan that works for you and finish activating.**
That’s it! You’ll get your first credit applied to your account within 30 days of activating. Don’t worry, we’ll also send a confirmation text when it’s applied.
Get a SIM card
** Please note this offer is not stackable with other promo codes or promotions. The offer will no longer apply if the rate plan is changed during the 12 month period

6 REPLIES 6

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks. Great to know that the email worked. There have been a few complaints here about it not working. Welcome back @Sanamo . Now I would give the solution to @gpixel . Since the suggestion was to contact the moderators immediately. 

Sanamo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your input! I messaged the moderators and I got a reply saying that they will apply the promo to my account, since I quality for the deal that was offered (so I guess it did not matter that my new SIM was not bought online...it was OK that I bought it in a store)

And yes, I was able to sign up again using the same email address I used last year during the time I held an account. This, of course, is the same email address that was also mentioned in the promo I received from Public Mobile. 

Cheers

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@SanamoIll speak to the SIM part of your question. The outline says to purchase a PUBLIC SIM card online. It does not say, "you must purchase the SIM from PUBLIC MOBILE."

If you have already activated before June 30th and used the email that was required to use for the promotion, you are good to go. 

At this point I do not think you will need to contact the moderators. If you do not receive the promotion closer to your renewal, I would then advise you to contact the Moderators. 

Until then Welcome to Public mobile! Glad to have you back.

If you contribute from time to time you may be able to earn a community reward on top of your promotion! 😀

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome back @Sanamo  if you qualify, the promo discount is applied from the second cycle.  If you dont see it, contact the moderators. Everyone pays full price upon activation.

FMI, were you able to sign back up using the same old email address that you got the offer on?  Thanks. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Sanamo contact moderators here to see if they can do something for you.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

From the terms, you'll have the credit within 30 days. I think you answered your own question.

Need Help? Let's chat.