Did you mean: 

Promo codes and give aways

Nadia2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Is there anyway to get promo codes or give aways? Thanks 

32 REPLIES 32

@Robidoo 

Canadian Cell Supplies they do a robust business for public mobile and other mobile providers including selling travel packages for roaming in the US. The also sell accessories, internet packages and a limited number of devices. Based in North York with a pick up location in Mississauga Ont. I recently updated my thread with the link supplied in my previous post.

@Robidoo  CCS is the most talked about PM Retailer here.. check their site for the latest promotion.... 

@Robidoo Canadian Cell Supplies.  They sell sim cards and vouchers at discounted prices.

Robidoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please tell me who and what is CCS?

@Sabbykan37 

I have bought probably two dozen pm sim cards from CCS and set up an activation bundle for a referral thru them so I have confidence in their discretion and they deleted the emails containing sensitive account info on request. I of course changed that info once the activated sim arrived by contacting the moderators to change the account pin # and after the free month credit was applied had the email changed to the referral's preferred email ( I help manage this account.) You can change the password and security question and answer yourself in your self serve account.

The only risk is someone stealing the sim card as it goes thru the canada post mail system. While rare it is not unheard of......nor the possibility of mail theft from community boxes.

If you want to wait out for a flash sale with the free month credit I recommend buying an activation bundle with a free unactivated sim card ( The $50 plan has the best discounted first month currently at 40% off.) Have it shipped for free to your place then wait for the flash sale. As soon as one us announced carefully read the terms and conditions to make sure it is available in-store (CCS is considered a retail location). You can confirm with CCS if you qualify for the free month credit. Then have CCS activate the sim card that came with your activation bundle. Then follow the rest of my instructions regarding downgrading the plan.

Sabbykan37

If I get a SIM card from CSS - is there any fear of SIM card fraud?

also when will they have that free month? 

@Sabbykan37 

For this to work you would have to wait for a free month promo from pm and then stack it with the CCS discounted activation bundle. Unless CCS offers a free month credit flash sale....

Sabbykan37

Thank you 🙏🏼 so much for the details. I hope I can get the same bonuses !!!!!! It’s a bit slightly confusing - all the numbers 

@Sabbykan37 

For my referral yes....when it was based on CCS discounting the $50 plan by 50%. The $50 plan+ free sim card shipped activated so that qualified for the free second month (now 3rd) credit. Shipped out of province so the initial lay out cost=$25+$1.25=$26.25

Credits as below:

• $10  bonus referral credit
  • $50  free second month credit
  •  $2   autopay reward applied on renewal
  • -------  a scheduled plan change to the $15 plan ($13*w/autopay)
  • $62  total account credits
  • +$8   4×$2 (4 months of the autopay reward)
  • ------- +
  • $70  accrued credit
  • $60  4×$15 plan
  • ------  -
  • $10  credit balance after 5 months of service
  • +$2 (autopay reward)
  • +$3 (top up amount+12% tax=$0.36)=$3.36
  • ------ +
  • $15 - $15 (6th month of service)
  • =$0 

$26.25+$3.36=$29.61÷6=$4.93 per month for six months (1×$50/8.5gbplan+5×$15 plan)

The account also recieved a 2gb bonus data add on.

If you suspended the account the maximum allowable days(89/90) before reactivation and repeat you could keep the account active for nearly two years for less than $30.

Timed correctly one could also take advantage of any "more the merrier" add on gifts that may be on offer from pm at xmas time and/or luck out and be active during freebie giveaway.

@Sabbykan37 wrote:

Did you personally get what you figured out mathematically for your monthly rate plan with pm?

With PM, there are no added costs at month end. You must pay before your plan will work for the next 30 days.

If you want an add-on...you pay ahead of time as well.

You'll never get a bill for something later on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sabbykan37 wrote:

Did you personally get what you figured out mathematically for your monthly rate plan with pm?

@Sabbykan37 : Is this question for everybody or someone in particular?

Sabbykan37

codyiverson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Woot woot!

@softech 

It's up to the retail partner if they want to push a mobile provider's plans. On occasion London Drugs has had a special promotion offering an account credit or extra data with a free sim card. Walmart has an unspoken free sim card with activations.

CCS started out with heavily discounted sim cards and limited discounted vouchers. They have now moved into discounted activation bundles and website exclusive promotions of bonus data and free third month credits the latter appearing to have been negotiated with public mobile. The discounted first month offered by passing part of their commission on to the customer.

It's clever marketing on their part and pm's to give them the reigns to run with it. They have been able to effectively sell pm throught out the lockdowns. Their shipping has been fast and reliable. They are completely professional and knowledgable when it comes to activations. There has not bee one complaint about their service that I am aware of....

When they were first discovered last spring by @fdcambie519 we were all pretty sceptical of their low prices and heavily advertisement driven website but many of us have taken advantage of their deals and benefitted. CCS has been very successful with getting name recognition and an online presence. The word of mouth advertising which mirrors pm's origjnal marketing strategy of getting its own customers to sell their product is now commonplace here in the community and recommended as often as amazon.ca to purchase sim cards. 

@darlicious .. i have a headache already looking at the numbers..  LoL

how CCS able to have promo like this?  they are official PM partner with all these promotions?   If so, why PM only deal with CCS and not others?  At least they should partner with others in other part of Canada.  

@AE_Collector 

They give you your own link for your referral code. If you refer someone they get $5 off their first purchase then you get $5 off your next purchase as far as I understand it.

@darlicious 

I haven’t even tried to keep up with the various CCS promotions. How does the $5/$5 referral work? Is this unrelated to the regular PM referral?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Geez....It's hard to stay on top of the wheeling and dealing at CCS! Ok their newly posted offers for public mobile.....

1. Save 20% off your first month on any rate plan. $50 plan-$10(20%off)=$40 ($15 plan-$3(20% off)=$12+$5=$17) reflects the $5 account credit because CCS pays in $10 vouchers.
  2. All activation plans include a free pm sim card.
  3. Currently offering a 6gb data bonus but it how it is applied and what kind of data it is has not been clarified. Valid on $25+plans and expires tomorrow June 20th at 3pm et?
  4. The free third month promotion has expired but I have been told it will be a regular once a month flash sale.
  5. They are now offering referral codes for customers. The referrer gets $5 and the referred $5 off their next purchase. Please do not share referral codes on the community's public forum as it's against the terms and conditions. Private message only.
  6.  Sorry @LurganIeUk but sim cards went up to $5.99.

Still a decent savings using the same strategy as before with a pm third month free credit. Order the $50/10.5gb plan activation bundle preferably shipping it with the sim card unactivated.

Pay $50-$10 (20%off) =$40-$5 (referral code discount)=$35+tax($1.75/$4.55)=$36.75/$39.55

(5%gst+8%pst for Ont. residents)

The balance in your account after activation =$10 bonus referral credit. Before your next renewal downgrade to your preferred plan (unless you use the promocode 2GBBONUS for 2gb of monthly plan on $35+ plans as long as you don't change your rate plan.) to the $15 plan.

Your balance is $10+$2 (autopay)=$12 add $3 to have enough to pay for your first renewal. $12+$3=$15-$15=$0 Before your third month ( within 60 days) the free month credit will be applied to your account.

$50+$2(autopay)=$52-$15=$37(4th month)$37+$2=$39-$15=$24 (5th month) $24+$2=$26 $26-$15=$11+$2=$13  Add $2 to pay for your 6th month. $13+$2=$15-$15=$0

Pay upfront $35+tax ($36.75)+ $5 top up+:tax($5.60)=$42.35÷6 months=$7.05 per month.

@AE_Collector 

I believe it's new Canadian owned and they're working hard to make their dreams come true...but don't quote me on that!

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious, does anyone know how CCS can offer 6GB of free data?

I would assume that PM (and other providers) are using CCS as a marketing arm and are giving them special deals to use in their promos. I have wondered if CCS is an indigenous owned and operated company that the cell providers are directly supporting as well as them being another marketing channel. I really have no info about that, just a feeling I get. 

AE_Collector

@ShawnC13 

From what I can tell and a text conversation I had previously with the owner... CCS negotiates with pm their pricing on sim cards and their commission. They then use part of their commission to offer additional discounts on plans when activating. 

They recently offered a 3 day flash sale for a free third month credit and now this 6gb bonus. My email inquiry on how both of these promos work has yet to be answered. But I am assuming that similar to other in store only offers by specific retailers like I have seen at London Drugs that this is a promotion that the retailer and pm has agreed upon exclusively.

@darlicious, does anyone know how CCS can offer 6GB of free data?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Nadia2021

Thanks

Nadia2021

Thanks for the tips 🙂 I have bought and I have activated a card already and gave a referral code I found and I am waiting for it become added to account; so now I prefer the promos for already activated cards 

@Nadia2021 

Along with the suggestions already given to you....if you do need a referral code just private message any community member and ask them to be your friend and they will be happy to share their referral code with you so you recieve the $10 bonus credit.

Public mobile currently has a promotion for plans $35+. Use the promocode 2GBBONUS and recieve an extra 2gb of monthly plan data as long as you don't change your rate plan. Valid for online activations only until June 30th at 11:59:59pm eastern time. This offer is not stackable.

I highly suspect pm will announce another free third month (credit) flash sale promotion either tomorrow or next friday. Be sure to register your email address for the promotion and read the terms and conditions. These offers are usually stackable. 

I recommend you visit the Canadian Cell Supplies website. They have bundled deals that come with a free sim card and currently is offering up to 50% your first month. Their deals are usually stackable with pm promotions that are valid for in store activations. They also have a free 6gb offer but the details are a little vague and I am waiting for an email from them to clarify the details but it is valid on plans $25+ and I suspect it is 1gb of monthly plan data for 6 months.

Consider this....

If you want to plan ahead to save more $$ on your pm services the best way to take advantage of this deal would be to order the unactivated free sim card bundled with the 50% off the $50/10.5gb plan and wait for it to arrive in about 5 business days via Canada Post.

Hopefully in the next week or two pm then offers a free month credit. You activate with CCS, use a referral code for an additional $10 bonus referral credit. Schedule a plan change to your preferred plan to occur on your next renewal ( your first.) At sometime in the next 30 to 60 days pm will apply the free month credit to your account equal to the the rate plan you activated on.

CCS mentions 6gb of free data on $25+ plans but I can't find any info on that?!!

The math: Pay upfront $75+tax for a free sim card, the $50/10.5gb plan and a $50 account credit.

Your account balance after paying for your for your first month=$50+$10 (bonus referral credit) =$60+$2(autopay)=$62-$15 ( if you change to the $15 plan)=$47+$50 (free month credit) =$97+$2 (autopay)=$99-15=$84+$2 (a/p)=$86-$15=$71+$2 (a/p) =$73-$15=$58+$2 (a/p)=$60-$15=$45 +$2 (a/p)=$47-$15=$32+$2 (a/p)=$34-$15=$19+$2 (a/p)=$21-$15=$6+$2 (a/p)=$8 Add $7+tax to your account to pay for your tenth month of service.$75+$7=$82+ tax ( gst only?) $4.10=$86.10 for 10 months of service ( the first on the $50/10.5gb plan.) $86.10÷10=$8.61 per month.

Edit: Unfortunately CCS has rescinded the above offer and is now offering a $5 "referral credit. You may ask for this via private message as well but not all members have accounts with CCS. I know of several members that do if you would like a list you can private message me.

Sigh....this was a great deal. Hopefully they bring it back as I don't see the point in activating with them if you only get a free sim card/$5 discount except on the $15 plan when you have to shell out 2 months of plan fees upfront.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadia2021 You can subscribe to a RSS feed from the Announcement board using RSS reader app or web services like blogtrottr.com that can notify you via email every time there is a new thread.

Brief Guide: How to subscribe to a community area ... - Community (publicmobile.ca)
Re: How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announc... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Nadia2021

Sure thanks I will wait for that . I would appreciate that if you let me know if you found that one has been announced . W

Need Help? Let's chat.