cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo before add-on

Dragosd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi fellow members,

I am one of the lucky ones who got the one time extra 1GB Promo add-on a few days back. I thought of it as a "buffer/safety net" data since it does not expire until you use it up. Very happy!

It was added to my account as an add-on. So once I used my regular data, the promo 1GB started to be used. 

But I also have a promo called "Flash Sale 500MB Bonus data plan" which is on the promotion side.

I hoped that the 1GB data will be used after the Flash Sale 500MB which renews every month but alas it does not.

So I have to first use the recently received 1GB before I can get to my regular 500MB Flash sale data.

I wonder if there is a way to "reverse" so that the  Promo data can be used up before the 1GB add on.

It may seem like a choosing begger thing but basically I will have to use the one time, non expiring 1GB before the 500MB that renews every month...

Any of you in this situation? Any solution?

Thanks,

32 REPLIES 32

@moose1  What promo are you referring to? Thanks. Stay safe.  

moose1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

folks. It's obviosu what is happenning. THey set up their programming so customers absolutely do not have enough information to figure it out and so it is to Telus's advantage to increase billings without you knowing it. It's a mess.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree with you. I am waiting for the mod team to respond. 

@fredweet2 wrote:

that just seems strange to me too. It should be regular in plan data and autopay bonus, then the recurring bonuses, finally the rollover type addon buckets (such as holiday bonus) --- in my oppinion, but there must be a reason they have set it up this way. If no changes have been made after this issue has been brought up then there must be a corporate reason for it.

The reason that this is happening is not for any other reason than that there is a  mistake in the programming.  When there is a bonus that expires at the end the billing cycle, it should always be used before one time add-ons are used.

In the past, there were some cases of the wrong long distance add-on minutes being used first before the minutes of a different long distance add-on. To my knowledge, that issue was patched up.

@Dragosd wrote:

It is by design.

The Promo bonuses, will be added to your data plan on the "leftt side" of the screen.

Meaning it will be used before the ones "on the right side".

That's not true in all cases, nor is it the way it's suppsoed to work.  The data bonuses on the right side listed in the promotions sections are often listed there because a promo code was used to redeem them. There are cases for some promotions in which the bonsues are recurring or expire at the end of each billing cycle. In those cases, these data bonuses should be used up before some of the data amounts (add-ons) listed on the left side of the account.

This is an issue that does needs to be fixed by Public Mobile.

fredweet2

that just seems strange to me too. It should be regular in plan data and autopay bonus, then the recurring bonuses, finally the rollover type addon buckets (such as holiday bonus) --- in my oppinion, but there must be a reason they have set it up this way. If no changes have been made after this issue has been brought up then there must be a corporate reason for it.

@homer  Im a little unfamiliar with your 2gb data promo...is it an add on? Or an extra 2gb of monthly plan data? Plan data should always be used first. If it's an add on that's permanent as long as you stay on the plan it doesnt make that much of a difference unless you plan on changing your plan thus losing the 2gb promo but keeping the 1gb data add on so you would want to save it. I think its still worth discussing with the moderators.

homer

TBH, this sounds like a bad design that needs to be changed 

Dragosd

It is by design.

The Promo bonuses, will be added to your data plan on the "leftt side" of the screen.

Meaning it will be used before the ones "on the right side".

So, after your regular data, the happy holiday bonus will be used and only after that will your recurring add-on be used.

i asked the moderators back when I started the thread.

I also asked them to publish the reply/solution so that other people will understand how the system works.

They haven't done it. 
So people are still asking the same questions again and again, why the bonuses are used up before any other recurring/replenishing add-ons.

@homer wrote:

That's right. My plan consists of 10GB (regular) + 2GB (promo). If I add a 1GB Add-on, it gets used up first before the 2GB promo, which I hope it could be the opposite way 

@homerYou need to submit a ticket via Simon (?) explaining your issue to get In touch with the moderators so they can fix how the data add ons are provisioned in your account. This problem crept up over s month ago. Have them look back into your account, fix the issue and credit back or restore any data add on usage that was used by mistake.

homer

That's right. My plan consists of 10GB (regular) + 2GB (promo). If I add a 1GB Add-on, it gets used up first before the 2GB promo, which I hope it could be the opposite way 

@homer  Do you have the same issue...as in your data add on is being used before your plan data? There is always a solution....but a few more details are needed before we can advise you.

homer

I have the same issue 😞 Doesn't look like there's a solution 

@moose1   Is your plan the $30 1GB data only plan and for bonus do you mean the one-time bonus for current customers a few months ago?

@moose1  First to get a better response to your issues it would be best to repost your question/issue as your own...and start a new thread devoted to your particular issue. You have to problems here one with public mobile and one with tells. Only the data issue with public mobile can be dealt with here. I can follow up and give you advice on how to deal with telus wifi issues ( I've had similar ones) but that is a telus problem. They may be pms parent company but operate completely separate from one another.

On occasion after renewal the plan data in your account will not provision correctly and bonus data or purchased data addons will be used first. The only way to have this fixed is to contact a moderator via Simon (?). Click on the (?) at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon and ask for a human or a rep then follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit  your ticket to the moderators. Ask for them have get the tech dept. to look into the issue and ask for a data credit for you add on that was used mistakenly in advance. If you would like advice on how to deal with telus and your wfi issue and asking for credits from them you ask me here or send me a private message. I'm happy to help.

@moose1There is no bonus for the $30 data only plan. Unless you are talking about the gift long ago.

1. That you need to contact the moderators. by click on the ? in the lower right hand corner.

2. Bonus never refills but roll overs until you have exhausted the allotment.

3. You will have to talk to the moderators.

4. You will have to talk to the moderators.

moose1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a number of questions. I buy only data rom PM. 30 days for $30 with a 1 GB LTE and 1 GB bonus.

1. Why is my bonus used first before the monthly regular data.

2. It seems the bonuse carries over to the next month but never refills. Is that correct?

3. PM is part of Telus. My Telus home wifi service was down or barely useable and still  diconnects/reconnects about 10 times per day. That has gone on for three months. It was totally unusabable for 2+ weeks. During that time my time was wasted trying to call Telus Internet support and getting it fixed.I had spend many hours on my PM cellphone, using up my bonus data, waiting on hold often to only get to speak to someone fairly useless in the Phillipines or Guatamala. I knew more about computers than they did and the could do anything remotely to help. The days I had to use PM to contact Telus about my down Telus wifi are obvious from my PM usage logs. How do I get pPM  (which, again, is Telus) to reinstate my bonus gratis.

4. How do I bill PM or Telus for the many hours of my time wasted with these problems.

5. Thank you. I hope to receive direct and clear answers to my questions.

Yes I agree, all use it or lose it data should be used first before tapping an add-on. I would think that would be the logical set up but can’t say how PM actually sets it up. 

I woukd say to c9ntact moderators and get their take on how it should work.

Terry

@Dragosd wrote:

The GB does indeed roll over as long as you don't use it...

And yes, I started using it after using the initiall 1.5GB of add-on.

My regular data plan is 1.5GB. There was a flash sale in the weekend of Aug 19-20.

I got a $35 plan with 1.5GB data and another 500MB Promo, plus a $5 off.

Basically a $35 plan with $5 off with 2 GB of data (1.5GB plus 500MB)

screenshot:   You would have to compare it to your data usage page to see if you have used the full 2gb up. If not contact a moderator to adjust or tweak your account.

Capture.JPG

Dragosd

@geopublic wrote:

@Dragosd  According to your screenshot. The system will use your plan's 1.5 GB then the 500MB Flash bonus and if you still need more the the bonus 1GB will be used.

I thought so too, and this is the whole reason for this post!

But according to the first screenshot I posted, the system already started to use 47MB from my 1GB prome and the 500MB are untouched. 

Again, same plan, same promo, same promotion, the only difference is that I already used the 1.5GB and they don't even show up anymore. It looks like the Add-on only consists of the 1GB promo

Here is an edited screenshot with what should be on the first screenshot:

Capture edited.jpg

@darlicious wrote:

I just read the promo...1.5 gb +500mb bonus with autopay. The 1gb bonus will not be used until the full 2gb included in the plan with Auto Pay is used.

Maybe your wife will let you hotspot a little data off her...

@Dragosd  According to your screenshot. The system will use your plan's 1.5 GB then the 500MB Flash bonus and if you still need more the the bonus 1GB will be used.

I just read the promo...1.5 gb +500mb bonus with autopay. The 1gb bonus will not be used until the full 2gb included in the plan with Auto Pay is used.

Dragosd

I am again not sure what you mean by "current".

The 500MB is a promotion but I am not sure if it is for Autopay or just "flash sale" but I had it from the beginning, after I signed up.

I assume it is "current" but I am pretty new to Public Mobile and some terms may elude me.

If the plan is current it should use the 500mb first once she uses the 1.5gb in her plan.

Lol...no the magnifying glass worked to enlarge it. Are you getting the 500mb as an Auto Pay bonus? So it doesn't kick in til renewal? Then yes it will stop using the 1gb at renewal.

Dragosd

Here is a screenshot from my wife's plan, for clarification.  Same plan same promos.

She was more carefull and did not use up the initial data.

You can see the normal 1.5GB and the untouched 1GB.

But I am afraid she will start using the 1GB promo first, instead of the 500MB Promotion on the left once she goes over the 1.5 GB.

I hope this clarifies my question.

Capture2.JPG

Dragosd

@darlicious wrote:

If your data continues to use the 1gb  once your new plan kicks in then contact a moderator.

Of course I will, in that case.

My point was that I wish it would start using the 500MB from the promotion after my initial 1.5GB gets used and not the Promo 1GB add-on.

@darlicious wrote:

But If you are out of data before it renews and iyou chose the new plan to change on your next renewal date it will continue to use the 1gb bonus.

I am not planning to change the plan, not sure what you mean by "new plan"  I had no plan change in the past, this is how I started.

I hope that, at renewal, it will leave the Promo Add-on and get on with my regular add-on of 1.5GB that doesn't show in the screenshot as it was used up.

Maybe my screenshot was to small? I was afraid to insert a large one.

If your data continues to use the 1gb  once your new plan kicks in then contact a moderator. But If you are out of data before it renews and iyou chose the new plan to change on your next renewal date it will continue to use the 1gb bonus.

Dragosd

The GB does indeed roll over as long as you don't use it...

And yes, I started using it after using the initiall 1.5GB of add-on.

My regular data plan is 1.5GB. There was a flash sale in the weekend of Aug 19-20.

I got a $35 plan with 1.5GB data and another 500MB Promo, plus a $5 off.

Basically a $35 plan with $5 off with 2 GB of data (1.5GB plus 500MB)

screenshot:

Capture.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.