cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Data & Plan Data Discrepancy

Efriday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I logged in to reset my phone's data tracker to billing cycle and noticed that my plan data is no longer listed. The promotional add-ons I have, however, are still listed.

Is this a plan bug? Or a self service bug? My plan data usage used to be listed here.Missing 4.5gb of plan dataMissing 4.5gb of plan data

11 REPLIES 11

After fiddle fiddling around for an entire day trying to get my MMS working on the back up phone managed to get it working after two factory resets the only thing that was different is I had not signed back into the WiFi and suddenly it started working...along with a dang app update that sucked up 32mb of my precious 4G holiday add on rather than the giveaway add on that barely had a mb used.

Efriday

What is nice though, is that the usage text for 75% usage triggered on the data total including promos, and not off my standard plan data.
(I got a text after posting this)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Efriday wrote:

I would expect it to show 4524/4525 mb for plan data. I'm pretty sure I have seen it in the past 

I have consumed ~4.9gb so it does line up.

Rather odd design choice. Thanks

@Efriday yes we all expect this, and are all disappointed that it doesn't work that way.  It is indeed a very odd design choice, one among many that seem to completely disregard user experience.  Unfortunately, PM is a very "quirky" provider, and those of us that have been here for some time have learned to just live with it. Sad, but true.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The holiday promo 1Gb is a at the top of the list in both of my accounts with the sept 1Gb down lower. I haven't used any of these promos in either of my accounts but @Efriday showed this screenshot with 1Gb promos showing in the same order as my two accounts and part of each of the promos has been used. This makes it look like the top one listed may get used first where I would think the bottom one would get used first. 

I agree that the conditional promos may need to be used up first, another complication. But in Efridays scenario I am guessing there is no conditions.

The names of these promos should be better as well,

Holiday Giveaway should be Holiday 2019 Give away. 

1Gb Promo should have Sept 2019 in the title assuming that is what it is.

Efridays account screenshot:

4D1ACA28-E8D9-4199-8245-64F00AE32FDC.png

My account screenshot shows 1Gb promos in the same order. My "1Gb Promo" is definitely the September Free giveaway, not related to a specific plan activation.

25688D5B-7D2F-42DB-B43D-7E9629124158.jpeg

I would expect older data add one to be used first. But how are the data add ons set to be used. I would want conditional add ons to be used first. ie.5gb data add on bonuses from the recent promo or the RBC promo because they are conditional with keeping your current plan. I would like the ability to change plans after they are used but retain the 1gb data gifts to use with a lower plan data plan. $40 to $25plan. Public mobile should make it clear which data add ons get used first.

I know it can run on endlessly and really doesn't matter. But, good housekeeping rules would want some of these plans to get used up and disappear from the list, not have the newest data plan kick into use because it is on top of the list leaving bits and pieces of other plans to possibly resume being used at some time in the future. It is an illogical way to have them put into use.

AE_Collector

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I won't mind if public mobile gives out more of these promo add-ons in the future.

When the 1 gb promo is the only add-on, it will get used once your plan data runs out.

Now that there's 2 different 1 gb promos, I read that the free holiday giveaway promo is listed first. And once your data runs out, this one will be used first before going onto the next add-on.

With the purchase or addition of more add-ons, there is no limit, the screen can scroll on endlessly.

Now that large numbers of us have two promotional 1Gb data add ons, I keep noticing people's posts showing both of them being used. Logically wouldn't maybe the oldest one be tapped first until gone then the next one rather than both being used at once? What if they give us more of these in the future? We could have bits and pieces of data plans scrolling right off the Add-ons screen.

AE_Collector

Efriday

I would expect it to show 4524/4525 mb for plan data. I'm pretty sure I have seen it in the past 

I have consumed ~4.9gb so it does line up.

Rather odd design choice. Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

When plan data is not listed it means you have already used it all up. Now you're using to promo data till your 30 day plan renews

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Efriday This usually means you have used up all your data plan. Is this a possibility?

Need Help? Let's chat.