cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with renewals

joshorrfahey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The last 2 times I renewed my plan and the last 3 times I added extra data, I was met with my account telling me I owe 0 dollars, or unable to add money to my account (even though the system has no problem taking my money from my bank, it is unable to apply that money to my service).  There has only been one time in this entire year that I was able to pay my for my service, and have it begin without an error. 
Each time I have to come on here and message the Mod team, who never quite knows what is wrong, but ends up just manually overiding whatever errors there are on public mobile's self serve.  They usually respond in 1-2 hours, and its always a headache and like pulling teeth to get them to respond. 

Today, was my due date for my next 3 months, and after getting a text confirming my plan was renewed and seeing it active on self-serve, it was back to suspended by this morning.  My account tells me I owe 0$, but says I need to renew my plan.  When I click to renew, it says I can't because I don't owe anything.  I've already begun to expect horrible service from public mobile but today, the mod team has ignored me for all day.  I've sent messages, and tried everything to get in touch with someone, anyone.

Do I have to literally get ready weeks or months in advance in order to ensure I will actually get service when I need it?  Why is this ALWAYS an issue.  Why do the mod team ignore me? Is it because I've been screwed over so many times, they are afraid to get "yelled at"?  I just want this company to provide the bare minimum customer service, but it seems like they can't even do that now.  Perhaps paying extra for rogers is worth it, as they are less likely to screw up your account, and are available on the phone right away in case of a problem.

4 REPLIES 4

joshorrfahey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since we are telling it like it is, I should clear things up for you as you seem to be extremely confused, I have done the same process others and myself has done many times when it comes time to renew my plan.  I have recommended friends and family to Public Mobile and was the one to teach them how to go through the process.  I have had plenty of times where the process went by smoothly, and it was a period of 3 renewals that I encountered an error, despite correctly going through the process.  I seemed to be the only one getting the problems, even my mother who asks me to do the process for her every 3 months never had an issue.  
In terms of being technologically savvy, I know it will come off as "iamverysmart" cringy, but I am the head of tech support at my company, which deals with software, hardware, and networking issues daily.  I  would wholeheartedly be dumfounded if I was to learn you, were more adept at navigating and troubleshooting any tech-related issues, as I have only met 2-3 people in my entire life that were.
It would be one thing if the issues I encountered had some type of explanation, like a step I was missing, or maybe doing something in the wrong order.  Each time I voice my complaints, I eventually was answered by mods, with something along the lines of, "that shouldn't have happened, let us fix it on our end for you manually".  
Also, I am well aware that the mods are often overwhelmed.  This is not a critique of them, so much as a critique of the service.  When learning networking and systems, even a 1st year undergrad knows that if the system has bugs, you either fix them as soon as they arise, or hire enough support to keep it running smoothly.  Just setting the record straight, sometimes you gotta tell it like it is.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@joshorrfahey, as broken as the self serve portal may seem, it still does work for the majority of customers.  I look after more accounts than I have thumbs fingers.  Only once was there an issue with buying an add on (system wide issue affecting all customers) and never any problems with renewal.  I don't want to deflect blame in any direction.  It is evident that something you are doing is a contributing cause to the litany of woes.  This service does lean heavily on the customer to be savvy enough to self manage.  As helpful as the moderator team is, they cannot be expected to intercept problems on a monthly basis and without time delay.  This may sound like bitter medicine, perhaps this service is not a good fit for you.  Either figure out how to renew properly or consider the competition. 

Edit:  The above opinion does not represent Public Mobile's customer relations department.  It is simply my own unabridged view as a customer of this service.  Sometimes, it is important to tell it like it is.  Heaping fluff and platitudes yields a wrong set of expectations.  Messing up the account every renewal will lead to service disruptions.  The moderator team cannot be expected to prevent these service disruptions and their performance should not be measure in this way.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @joshorrfahey!

I can confirm that one of my colleagues got back to you about an hour ago and again about 40 minutes ago. Please view your inbox, we'll be more than happy to help 🙂

To add to what @NDesai said, we answer on a first come first served basis so yes, unfortunately on busier days, it can take a bit longer to get a reply. But rest assured that we are truly doing our best to get back to everyone as quickly as possible 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@joshorrfaheySorry to hear about the horrible experience you had with the renewal process. Have you tried topping up your account using vouchers? May be that might not result into any errors during the renewal. 

I am sure the mod is not ignoring you. They are probably handling other inquiries. Just send them a private message and they will get back to you shortly. 

@MarieHelene_L @Shazia_K @CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.