cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with data plan, getting 6GB for 3 months instead of 12GB.

Zelkito
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
About a year ago, there was a promotion from Public Mobile that offered to double your data for the same price. So I had the 6GB for 3 months plan and I registered to get 12GB for 3 months at the same price instead.

It turns out that during all this time I only had 6GB and they never honoured that promotion. Who should I contact to get this fixed? I am sure they should be able to check this in their system and fix it.

Otherwise, I guess I'll take my 4 lines to any other carrier.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@will13am, @ShawnC13

FYI, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Pioneers/5000-bonus-international-minutes-add-on/m-p/...

Also, been told that logs are kept for 90 days, no more. I thought the law required more than that...

@Someone_here  For those amount of minutes whatever they sent me I would spend the time to go through it and figure it out.  So there is no way to recover any of those?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am wrote:
I think those lost minutes are traceable.  There are historical records of account activities that can be pulled from the archives. 
@ShawnC13 wrote:
... am surprised that there is no record of the minute usage

Apparently not possible... "our system does not keep usage data that long ( since 2014 ) but, even if it did, such a task would not be humanly possible." (I doubt it, an excel sheet with sorting would be pretty efficient).

@Someone_here, I remember your post about this situation and am surprised that there is no record of the minute usage.  I hope this gets clarified and your gf gets those minutes back.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CalvinW@Taekgun@Someone_here, it is true I have no idea if this is true but we as customers must also take responsibility for our transactions we are involved in.  If the OP was a member prior to the fall promo yet not a member on the forum how would they know about the fall promo.  A friend tells them because they are on the forum or RedFladDeals and read about it.  Ok so they found about deal how would they know they have to future date their plan, same friend lets them know.  Wouldn't this same friend who knew all of this be on here to let them know there were HUGE issues during the fall promo and to check and make sure they have the correct plan.

I will even go with they did request the plan change a year ago to get on this promo.  Now I am not a heavy data user but even I have gone over 6GB in a couple of my plans I would think that someone who thinks they have 12gb of data would use more data knowing they doubled it from their previous plan.  But at no time did they need a data addon.  If they haven't needed the extra 6gb in a year I am not sure if PM would double their data for a year later without a way to prove a future plan change failed.  It does come down to the consumer verifing that they are getting what they are paying for or think they should have in their plan they paid for.  

If a request can be found I do beleive PM will honour it, without that I don't think PM needs to honour it.

@Someone_here wrote:

@will13am, @ShawnC13

Well, there is a possibility that this is true. I'm not the kind of person who would not notice these things, but if there is one thing I learnt from this forum, it is that there are all kind of people here, and not everyone is as tech savy as you... It's not our job nor concern to find out if this request is true or not, isn't it? Let's just let the mods do their job and check what they can check with access to customer account...

Btw, my girlfriend had about 4400 international minutes left from a previous promo until a week ago when she changed to the new plans (from grandfathered plans), they disappeared when the CRS on the phone made the switch, and even if they (mods) know she once had these minutes, she'll never see them again because "they can't know for sure how many minutes were left". Just to say that this story may seem very unlikely (and the minutes were added as far as 2014), well, it is still true.

Your girlfriend's situation is very different.  You are talking about losing something from a plan change.  OP is asking for something that probably never was.  Perhaps we are being judgmental, but why does it take almost a year to find out something is not right and report it.  How long did it take your girlfriend to realize minutes were lost?  Anyway, the moderators should be able to confirm whether a plan change was requested a year ago.  I think those lost minutes are traceable.  There are historical records of account activities that can be pulled from the archives. 

@will13am, @ShawnC13

Well, there is a possibility that this is true. I'm not the kind of person who would not notice these things, but if there is one thing I learnt from this forum, it is that there are all kind of people here, and not everyone is as tech savy as you... It's not our job nor concern to find out if this request is true or not, isn't it? Let's just let the mods do their job and check what they can check with access to customer account...

Btw, my girlfriend had about 4400 international minutes left from a previous promo until a week ago when she changed to the new plans (from grandfathered plans), they disappeared when the CRS on the phone made the switch, and even if they (mods) know she once had these minutes, she'll never see them again because "they can't know for sure how many minutes were left". Just to say that this story may seem very unlikely (and the minutes were added as far as 2014), well, it is still true.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

We are coming up on 1 year almost to the day of that promo and now you are just noticing?  This is your first day on the Forum how did you find out about the deal? You never logged into the self serve to check on that?  If you have gone a year on 6GB and not noticed what made you take a look now?

Great sleuthing Sherlock.  I tend to agree, this smells rather fishy.  I guess this is a negotiation tactic, but unfortunately this service doesn't have a loyalty department.  @CalvinW, perhaps you should keep an eye out for the outcome here.  You could try the same thing if this works. 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was wondering the same thing.

CalvinW

Shawn, why so passive aggressive? 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

We are coming up on 1 year almost to the day of that promo and now you are just noticing?  This is your first day on the Forum how did you find out about the deal? You never logged into the self serve to check on that?  If you have gone a year on 6GB and not noticed what made you take a look now?

Zelkito
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!! I will message the moderators!!! 🙂

Taekgun

You'll need the help of a moderator to get your account sorted out.  Sounds like you were signing up for the fall promo of 2016.  Are you sure you've made no plan changes in the mean time?

Send a private message to @CS_Agent, include your following info:
- account number
- phone number
- a brief description of what has happened and when

…and they will be able to look into it for you.  Hopefully they can confirm this to be a system error or not.

Click the link for an explanation on how to private message the moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.