Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with data usage meter on web not reading accurate usage

lucky05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have an iphone click on cellular tab and it will show you current use. Just be sure to reset that in the cellular tab when your new monthly cycle starts.

@stewendy 

Did your plan recently renew or reset?  Public Mobile plans go in 30 day cycle, not every month. 

stewendy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My counter for October shows the actual usage for September so could you tell me how to manually reset the counter? Thanks.

I've moved this from Rewards to Plans and Add-ons as this topic isn't related to rewards.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. If you have an android phone, the data usage counter may need to be reset every 30 days on your renewal date. If you don't reset it could be inaccurate by a day or two of use. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lucky05 I experienced when I first used the plan with data. The moderator told me that some apps may run in background even I didn't turn on the data mode. So you can do the follow:

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.