cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices always fluctuating?

wheemer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new customer for a few months. I have already reffered three people to Public Mobile. I want to spread the word even more but I am hesitant because of your pricing that changes more often than the sun sets.

What is the deal with pricing that increased twice in such a short time?

I got the 25 dollar plan, then a week later I am showing my aunt and it's suddenly 30. We order the sim since she still wants to go ahead. Sim arrives and she takes another little while before shes ready. Finally I am creating her account the the plan has now risen to 35.

This doesn't seem good and this has sealed my lips about your company. I'm not willing to promote when you make me wrong everytime I say how much it costs.

My aunt is seriously not happy.

22 REPLIES 22

@Triguy wrote:

Here is a tread about how to get notifications about promos.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

That's right. Never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, by following the instructions at the link above.

If you appreciate these instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Also keep in mind that you keep the price of ANY plan, promo or not, as long as you stay on that plan.

Cheers

wheemer

I concede defeat and retract my statement... I have now been shown the way. Your info was great, I have a couple options to dicuss with my aunt now.

I guess I will still be calling PM's praises from the hills after all... Love the dollar off again!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wheemer wrote:

LOL... ok you got me, sorry. I was only looking at the ready made plans. They certainly make it hard to find. I do see it in there now.

Thanks for the help

Happy to help!

wheemer

LOL... ok you got me, sorry. I was only looking at the ready made plans. They certainly make it hard to find. I do see it in there now.

Thanks for the help

Psygineer

@wheemer wrote:

Psygineer Maybe the plans are location specific, did you think of that? Because what I said was what I see on the site. Your entire first reply is irrelivant and false. There is NO 30 talk plan at all.

Please don't always assume.

Please don't always assume I always assume! I actually had thought of that and tried a VPN to other offices in other provinces in order to double check before making the statement. Admittedly we don't have locations in every province, but the ones we do, all have that plan in the builder. I do appologize for the extrapolation based on proven facts though, only trying to help! Sorry!

https://ibb.co/FsPRtbS

If you discount the fact the $30 plan doesn't appear for you (for whatever reason), part of my initial one is still accurate, so you saying it is entirely irrelivant is wrong. The $35 plan hasn't actually changed (other than the +500 MB you can get with Auto pay) in over a year. So the extra $5 over the $30 plan was for the extra data the entire time (and not a "second price increase".

Technically if you don't mind only having 1 GB of data (rather than 1.5 GB) you might be able to use the plan builder to add USA calling for $35. Not 100% certain the + 500 MB bonus would work with it, but it does show up in the plan builder for me when I select Unlimited USA + Canada, Unlimited text and 500MB data for $35 (In theory it likely would be 1 GB of data). At least then the extra $5 spent might come in handy rather than just getting an extra 500 MB of data for it. (I admit this paragraph is irrelivant, but I thought it might be an idea for you, sorry if it was a waste of your time to read it.)

wheemer

Psygineer Maybe the plans are location specific, did you think of that? Because what I said was what I see on the site. Your entire first reply is irrelivant and false. There is NO 30 talk plan at all.

Please don't always assume.

@wheemer wrote:

Hmm... OK I understand now. Still not happy about it. Seems I must study the pricing and specific dates more. Well I guess until I am willing to do that, I will remain silent about this company that has prices that change on a whim...

Also not offering a plan with just canada wide talk and text is very strange.

If you are just wanting Canada wide Text you are correct they don't offer it, but with the global community why not be able to text them all.  You either have texting or you don't so much easier than country specific

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Psygineer

@geopublic wrote:

@wheemer wrote:

Hmm... OK I understand now. Still not happy about it. Seems I must study the pricing and specific dates more. Well I guess until I am willing to do that, I will remain silent about this company that has prices that change on a whim...

@wheemer  If $25.00 is what your aunt wants to pay Lucky Mobile might be the plan for her. Right now you can get a Lucky Mobile SIM (Bell) from Dollarama for $4.00.

Hope this helps!

Yes, and @wheemer you also get the advantage of it being truly monthly rather than every 30 days like PM is. Mind you if you both switched, you would have to give up on your loyalty rewards, the $2 per 30 day auto-pay discount, your every 30 day referal reward (as I assume you refered her) and any community rewards you may potentially have earned. I have to say that had I not managed to snag the $25 plan I would have been way more tempted than the "Hey neat" reaction I had when I saw the $4 Lucky and Virgin SIMs in Dollarama (They also give you a $20 Dollarama gift card if you keep at it for 2 months.) Those Lucky SIMS there have one advanage though, everyone who wanted to port their PM number to a different PM account can port it out and back for $4 now instead of $10!

Psygineer

How is a promotion here and weekly flyer from say Walmart any different? If you get a flyer this week saying that soup is on sale for 50 cents a can, if you go to the store two months later do you expect it to still be 50 cents? Sales come and go. They announced the end of the temporary $25 plan long before it ended. It went back to the old $30 plan it used to be, and is still there at that price. It never went up again, so not sure what you are talking about there. The $35 plan is the same plan that has been around for over a year and didn't have any price changes. The $25/$30 plan only had 500MB of data (+ 500 MB extra if you auto pay) the $35 plan always had 1 GB of data (without the need for auto pay and gives you the + 500 MB extra if you do making it 1.5 GB.)) So a single sale ending bending you out of shape seems weird to me. Check the plan builder, the old 500 MB plan you want is still available there for $30. I guess you must have just missed it. If you need a hand understanding how to use the plan builder so you can future date the change to the plan you actually wanted, let me know and I would be happy to help you figure it out.

@wheemer wrote:

Well since we have already gone through with it she has chosen the 35 dollar plan for now.

It was not the matter of the actual amount, she would have been fine with 35 all along. But I just kept popping onto the site to tell her each time, so she was very sketched out by it since it seemed like it was increase 5 bucks each month or something...

I think people are generally more pleased by a consistant experiece rather than marketing promo bull.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wheemer  there are many partner locations that sell sim cards, Walmart, London drugs, wow mobile, superstore. There typically is no need to order online anymore. 

Once you have a plan activated pm is pretty good about not increasing the plan costs. 

As for the price changes actually, you need to blame chatr Mobile, as PM seems to always follow their pricing/promotions which is unfortunate. 

@wheemer wrote:

Well since we have already gone through with it she has chosen the 35 dollar plan for now.

It was not the matter of the actual amount, she would have been fine with 35 all along. But I just kept popping onto the site to tell her each time, so she was very sketched out by it since it seemed like it was increase 5 bucks each month or something...

I think people are generally more pleased by a consistant experiece rather than marketing promo bull.

@wheemer   Understood. Just keep monitoring the plans it's possible that pricing might go back down again. If that happens you just need to schedule a plan change on the next renewal via selfserve to take advantage and lockin  in the savings.Smiley Happy

wheemer

@wheemer wrote:

@wheemer  If $25.00 is what your aunt wants to pay Lucky Mobile might be the plan for her. Right now you can get a Lucky Mobile SIM (Bell) from Dollarama for $4.00.

Hope this helps!

wheemer

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@wheemer wrote:

Why do you even post such off topic nonsense?

I am talking about price gouging in the matter of a couple weeks, not over a long time.

Eveyone is just trying to help @wheemer .

Keep your eye open for the "pop-up" promo's that PM occasionally has. If there's a better plan offered at that time, you can get it and enjoy even more savings. Welcome to Public Mobile.

@wheemer wrote:

False, I received an announcement about the first price increase, and then a couple weeks later it went up again and I go no such announcement about it.

Do you think I care about promos and deals? The price was on the website and it did not say it expired.

@wheemer   The $25.00 plan that you signed up for if fact was a temp promo plan.

wheemer

Why do you even post such off topic nonsense?

I am talking about price gouging in the matter of a couple weeks, not over a long time.

wheemer

False, I received an announcement about the first price increase, and then a couple weeks later it went up again and I go no such announcement about it.

Do you think I care about promos and deals? The price was on the website and it did not say it expired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang it...where'd those A&W coupons go?

Aw man...I don't want to pay the normal price for the burger and fries. But I'm hungry. Now. And I'm right by an A&W.

Promos come and go people. Prices change. Things get more expensive. Once upon a time a movie ticket was a nickel. ('Course people only made $100 a month too.)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wheemer wrote:

I am a new customer for a few months. I have already reffered three people to Public Mobile. .I want to spread the word even more but I am hesitant because of your pricing that changes more often than the sun sets.

What is the deal with pricing that increased twice in such a short time?

I got the 25 dollar plan, then a week later I am showing my aunt and it's suddenly 30. We order the sim since she still wants to go ahead. Sim arrives and she takes another little while before shes ready. Finially I am creating her account the the plan has now risen to 35.

This doesn't seem good and this has sealed my lips about your company. I'm not willing to promote when you make me wrong everytime I say how much it costs.

My aunt is seriously not happy.

@wheemer   It's all about competition. When it comes to PM there are no guarantees that pricing will not change so that's why it's important to take advantage of the promos and deals when they are available. Furthermore if you check the announcements section you will see that the price increases were announced a week before the plan increases. I guess when it comes to PM you snooze you lose.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have introduced 5 friends already myself too, but the current increases in the price of plans has made me hesitant to introduce more people too. It's been prety much stable pricewise for almost a year that I've joined only to see that the last time I wanted to get a plan for my wife, the price already jumped. Don't know what's going on here anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.