cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price has been wrong for last several bills

Carverstone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there I’ve had 5 gb of 4g LTE with unlimited text and call and it’s 67$ since I started using public and noticed there’s bin a 6 gb option now for a little and no 5 gb option so when I’m going to renew my plan I look at the 6 gb option to see the price difference and there is absolutely NONE I’ve bin paying 67$ this whole time for a full gigabyte less of data(probably 3-4months). And to put icing on the cake it wouldn’t let me change it until my NEXT bill cycle  ..... something has to be done about this or I’m done with this company. 

14 REPLIES 14

geo75mac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure if this helps as 3g may not be fast enough for you but they are now offering 4.5gb (+500mb with auto-pay) for $40 for 3G. Hard to beat that deal!

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks!

@mimmo@sandpublic@Carverstone ,

Third attempts always work.  Sorry about that.  Link has now been pointed at Plans and Add-on forum.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The link seems to be to the oracle only section.

The post should be visable as a sticky in the plans and addons forum. 

sandpublic

@stonechucker wrote:

@sandpublic, Thanks ... fixed now.

Not sure why but I'm still getting the same error. I cleaned my cache and restarted the browser but still getting the same error.

Is access restricted to certain members by any chance?

sandpublic

@stonechucker wrote:

@Carverstone, if you searched a bit, you would find this link on how to subscribe to emails of every new announcement.  Thanks to @srlawren and @pm-smayer97 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promos-Announc...

The above link produced the following error:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.
Return to my original page

@Carverstone, if you searched a bit, you would find this link on how to subscribe to emails of every new announcement.  Thanks to @srlawren and @pm-smayer97 

Link to How to get notified of ANY New Announcement

Edited to fix link, and make it pretty 🙂

@Carverstone  I have been here 4 years:

• New PM plans have never been announced to current customers by email, or text, only by announcements in this forum.
  • Periodically Koodo has sent offers to specific, never all, customers by text.
  • Pionneer customers were individually notified that access to the call centre was being discontinued.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Carverstone

I understand that but what I don’t understand is why your not notified or anything that your plans no longer offered there’s new deals etc. Or allow me to cancel plan/change it at the beginning of next cycle without having to do it in advanced. But I’m thinking that’s just how public mobile works ? Never bin with a company like this before so I guess I just never expected this. 

Carverstone

I feel that there should be some notification in the future especially for people on auto pay because either way for the rare case of it working in your benefit I’d like to know that the plan is no longer offered, in case I have referred someone to the company based on my plan or in my case there’s a now better option then before. This shouldn’t be solely on the user to check news updates for this info it is on the company. I have never used a company like public before so I don’t know entirely how they operate but I feel that would be a simple addition.  I feel my account and community can be confusing to new users at times and giving the customer more info to use there site and service definitely wouldn’t hurt. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carverstone as @stonechucker has explained, you were charged the correct price because you were still grandfathered on the older version of the plan.  This works both ways--had your plan been replaced by a new version which had cost more money, you would also have been grandfathered on your old version, and you'd be happy that you hadn't automatically been moved to the new version.  You may want to check the Announcements area of this community every so often (set yourself a recurring reminder maybe?) to see if there are any new plans that meet your needs better.  Alternatively, check out a site like mobilesyrup.com which serves up Canadian mobile industry news and almost always posts articles when PM (and other providers) announce things.

TL;DR : PM doesn't move you to a new version of your plan automatically, whether that new version is cheaper or more money; the onus is on you to keep your eye on the Announcements, and explicitly adjust your plan as desired.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Carverstone, this is normal.  You signed up for a promo or plan builder selection, and it renews based on a 30-day or 90-day renewal, and at any time, when a promo or plan builder option is no longer offered and/or changed, it is the end user's option to change or continue on their current plan.

It's always been like this at Public Mobile since Telus took over, and it's no different than any other prepaid carrier.plan

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Carverstone wrote:

Hi there I’ve had 5 gb of 4g LTE with unlimited text and call and it’s 67$ since I started using public and noticed there’s bin a 6 gb option now for a little and no 5 gb option so when I’m going to renew my plan I look at the 6 gb option to see the price difference and there is absolutely NONE I’ve bin paying 67$ this whole time for a full gigabyte less of data(probably 3-4months). And to put icing on the cake it wouldn’t let me change it until my NEXT bill cycle  ..... something has to be done about this or I’m done with this company. 

Sorry for you and your wallet. But with public mobile you need to be active in your choice..and when a plan changed you have to choose for it if you want it. Nothing can be done for the past...it's prepaid. Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.