cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price for changing plan to same price on next renewal for bonuses

JJL4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just need clarification on a couple of things. My plan right now is 4.5gb for $40, and right now since there's the same plan with a 500mb bonus for autopay, I was planning to change to that. If I set it to change at next renewal date, would I have to pay twice, or any extra fees, or would I still just be charged $38 since I have the AutoPay Bonus? 

Thanks in Advance.

9 REPLIES 9

@funpig wrote:

I am new here.   It seems to me that an existing $40 plan for 4.5GB is not the same as a new $40 plan for 4.5GB plus 500MB bonus.  From what I read so far, all existing plans are grandfathered upon renewal when auto paid.  It would seem to me that if OP does nothing, PM would continue to renew his pre-existing plan.  Would it not be better for OP to select the new plan to start after the existing plan expires?  Like I said, I am new here.

@funpig  You are correct. New, but a quick learner...Good Job!!Smiley Happy

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am new here.   It seems to me that an existing $40 plan for 4.5GB is not the same as a new $40 plan for 4.5GB plus 500MB bonus.  From what I read so far, all existing plans are grandfathered upon renewal when auto paid.  It would seem to me that if OP does nothing, PM would continue to renew his pre-existing plan.  Would it not be better for OP to select the new plan to start after the existing plan expires?  Like I said, I am new here.

bravo_md

RossN    You might want to re read the original post.Or edit your answer.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JJL4 You don't have to change your plan just add your cc to your account at anytime you choose

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JJL4 You don't need to change plan at all because autopay reward or data bonus is based on the enrollment of autopay, not the plan itself.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would pay $38 + tax.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JJL4 wrote:

Hi, I just need clarification on a couple of things. My plan right now is 4.5gb for $40, and right now since there's the same plan with a 500mb bonus for autopay, I was planning to change to that.

@JJL4  Smart move. Smiley Happy

If I set it to change at next renewal date, would I have to pay twice, or any extra fees, or would I still just be charged $38 since I have the AutoPay Bonus? 

You will still be charged $38.00 

Thanks in Advance.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JJL4 As long as you have autopay set up for next cycle, you will entitle for the bonus data in your next period as well as the $2 autopay reward. $38 plus applicable tax will be charged on your credit card.

If you have someone referred you to join PM, you should have $10 referral reward in your account (if this is the case). Or you refer someone to PM, you will get $1 referral reward too.

Welcome to PM!

bravo_md

NO you don't pay twice.  You just pay the fee for the new plan you pick.  NO extra fees either.

Need Help? Let's chat.