cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price change

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all. 
I've been a member now for approximately 6 months. I signed up for 60.00 a month for 8.5g's with unlimited talk and text Canada/USA. Now I noticed it's 50.00 a month. Why am I not getting this now. 
thank you 

don. 

23 REPLIES 23

mellondon

Yes. Very confusing. That is why I decided to keep what I have presently. 
cheers 

@mellondon @AE_Collector @gblackma 

Some of the confusion here stems from what has been reported by holders of this plan that the US roaming package features no longer appear in their accounts under my plan but rather just list the similar $50 plan features giving the impression it's the same plan....$60 price tag being the main indicator. Also the 2gb US data portion appears in the add ons as: 1gb add on  0/2048mb    further confusing matters.

mellondon

Yes that is exactly right. I did not notice the change. My apologies 

mellondon

Thank you 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

In your initial post you say:

"I signed up for 60.00 a month for 8.5g's with unlimited talk and text Canada/USA. Now I noticed it's 50.00 a month."

So my interpretation along with @gblackma was that your bill has dropped to only $50 now (thus someone has changed you off the $60 plan) OR you noticed online that the plan price has dropped to $50 from $60 yet you are still paying $60 (IE: what's up with that?)

All is good, we presume you didn't notice that the advertised $50 plan is the same as your now discontinued $60 plan but without the US roaming aspect. A screaming deal!

AE_Collector

mellondon

I'm not sure what you mean. Nothing was changed and after learning that they no longer offer this plan I have no intention on changing anything. 
cheers

Yes I've managed to catch up once again. I frequently totally misunderstand what someone is asking/saying initially. Yes @mellondon  thought he was on the current $50 plan by looking at its features but is paying $60. Thus he was ondering why. Now he knows that his plan has some significant features for the extra $10/month he pays! 

When that plan launched we were all hopeful that it would evolve to an "add on price" to add it to any existing plan. Instead they discontinued it... 😞

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well I'm confused as well as the original post stated the charged price had dropped from $60 to $50 which is why @gblackma  is assuming a plan change has been made by someone. As always, maybe we are misinterpreting this post. 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector, the price comparison was made on two different plans that the OP thought was actually the same plan.  He currently has the Canada/US(roaming) Plan where they can use the plan minutes and 2GB of data in the US without requiring an add-on and the $50 plan is Canada/US Calling no US Roaming in it. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well I'm confused as well as the original post stated the charged price had dropped from $60 to $50 which is why @gblackma  is assuming a plan change has been made by someone. As always, maybe we are misinterpreting this post. 

AE_Collector

The price hasn't dropped from $60 to $50. Those are different plans.

Okay, read once again and think I have figured red it out. @mellondon  Is looking at the current $50 plan offered at PM and thinking that his plan should have dropped from $60 to $50 too. Of course tHe $60 plan was a US roaming addition to the $50 plan that was very short lived.

I am onboard now, @gblackma as well?

AE_Collector

Well I'm confused as well as the original post stated the charged price had dropped from $60 to $50 which is why @gblackma  is assuming a plan change has been made by someone. As always, maybe we (<edit > "I") are misinterpreting this post. 

AE_Collector

@gblackma wrote:

@mellondon  it looks like this would take away your family plan 2g U.S. roaming and us talk/text. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@mellondon wrote:

Hello all. 
I've been a member now for approximately 6 months. I signed up for 60.00 a month for 8.5g's with unlimited talk and text Canada/USA. Now I noticed it's 50.00 a month. Why am I not getting this now. 
thank you 

don. 

@gblackma, there is no Family Plan so not sure about that comment as well the OP hasn't had their plan changed.  They are on the Grandfathered US Roaming plan but saw the $50 plan that has Canada/US calling and thought it was the same and was wondering why they weren't getting the new price of $50.  No need to contact moderators on this as they have the Plan they want and it isn't offered anymore if they were to switch to the $50 plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mellondon If I read your original post right, someone at PM changed your Friends and Family hybrid $60 plan down to an inferior hybridd $50 plan where you lose your 2gig US roaming data. If you are okay with the $10 monthly savings. Then keep the $50 one. But if you are in the US  twice a week, and need the data, then contact a moderator and ask them to put you back on the $60 plan.

@mellondon  You may have been deafened by the cacophony of silent screams of not knowing the pot of golden US roaming your sitting on. Please enjoy your plan and it's many benefits.

mellondon

Oh yes I need this plan. I'm in Michigan and Indiana twice a week so it's a blessing that I can keep it. 
cheers

@will13am wrote:

@mellondon wrote:

Wow. Thank you everyone. I didn't see that they didn't offer the USA roaming anymore and I definitely need it. So I'll leave well enough alone and consider myself as one of the lucky ones. 
cheers

don 

Good call!  As always you are free to make a plan change if you like.  There are no binding contracts getting in the way. 

Good point, but remember that if you do change plans...you won't be able to then change back to a currently unavailable plan.

Your $60 plan is your best bet if you do alot of travel to US.

@mellondon wrote:

Wow. Thank you everyone. I didn't see that they didn't offer the USA roaming anymore and I definitely need it. So I'll leave well enough alone and consider myself as one of the lucky ones. 
cheers

don 

Good call!  As always you are free to make a plan change if you like.  There are no binding contracts getting in the way. 

@mellondon Since they changed your plan down to the $50 one. You should contact them and make them change it back to the original friends and family $60 Us hybrid plan.

@mellondon wrote:

cheers

don 

@mellondon  The US roaming package that is included in your plan for $10 extra would cost in 10 day roaming add ons x3 an additional $60 and The pain of adding funds and purchasing 3 add ons separately waiting til after midnight after each expiry of an add on to be able to purchase the next. Your plan is grandfathered in but you will lose it forever if you change your plan. Think very carefully if you choose to do this.

mellondon

cheers

don 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It is a complete different plan. The $50 a month is only calling from Canada to USA.. NOT while you're in the USA.

The $60 USA plan is no longer offered. So if it fits your needs it's best you keep it.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon  it looks like this would take away your family plan 2g U.S. roaming and us talk/text. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@mellondon wrote:

Hello all. 
thank you 

don. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon  Your plan is no longer offered and is the envy of many. The $50 plan does not offer all the US roaming options.

Unlimited US talk, text and 2gb data roaming package.

Need Help? Let's chat.