cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepurchase Question

MrBill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The plan I'm looking at states: 30-days, 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk, UNLIMITED Incoming calls, UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging, + BONUS 250 MB Data at 3G speed with AutoPay, VOICEMAIL & Call Display.

Does 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk mean I can make up to 100 minutes of calls to anywhere in Canada during the 30 days period at no cost?

8 REPLIES 8

@Dunkman wrote:

@MrBill 

Here  is some more information on the limited talk plans.  You could also buy a cheap talk add on, 500 CDN mintues for $5 (unused minutes roll over to next month). 

Pasted Graphic 8.png

@Dunkman  Nice edit! Smiley Happy If I knew that your would were going to add this after I posted I wouldn't have posted mine. But since it was added after my post I'm going to leave it.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MrBill You are correct, but to be technically accurate, it means you can make up to 100 minutes of OUTGOING calls to anywhere in Canada to Canadian phone numbers, any incoming calls you receive while in Canada will be unlimited (these incoming calls can be from anyone, anywhere around the world, as long as you are in Canada and not roaming).

Also take note that the seconds are rounded up to minutes.  So let's say you talk for 1 minute and 10 seconds, this will be registered and logged as 2 minutes.  If you talk for 20 seconds, it will be logged and registered as 1 Minute.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill 

Limited plans are inexpensive but here is some more info regarding outgoing calls.

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

• Making a call
  • Answering a call
  • Retrieving voicemail messages
  • Using call forwarding
  • Calling *611 (the IVR)
  • Making or receiving calls from 911
  • Using calling apps when connected to Wifi

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill, welcome to Public Mobile. For your added consideration...you have the option of a base plan Add-on that costs $5 and allows you to call anywhere in Canada (while you're IN Canada)...for 500 minutes. Any unused minutes at renewal, don't expire, but roll over until you iuse them..even if it takes 2 years or whatever. Good deal, eh.

Edit; @Dunkman  and @Anonymous  both beat me to this information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrBill wrote:

Thx Z1, preciate the help.

Tried asking that question a dozen diffenrent ways and just got useless replies that didn't come close to answering the question

It's a great plan. Add the 500 minute add-on for those times when you might go over 100 minutes and you're laughing. Then there are the rewards.

Edit: Dunkman beat me to the add-on 🙂

@MrBill 

Here  is some more information on the limited talk plans.  You could also buy a cheap talk add on, 500 CDN mintues for $5 (unused minutes roll over to next month). 

Pasted Graphic 8.png

MrBill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thx Z1, preciate the help.

Tried asking that question a dozen diffenrent ways and just got useless replies that didn't come close to answering the question

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrBill wrote:

The plan I'm looking at states: 30-days, 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk, UNLIMITED Incoming calls, UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging, + BONUS 250 MB Data at 3G speed with AutoPay, VOICEMAIL & Call Display.

Does 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk mean I can make up to 100 minutes of calls to anywhere in Canada during the 30 days period at no cost?

Yes.

(well...other than the plan cost which includes the 100 minutes)

Need Help? Let's chat.