cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out of Public Mobile but Porting in a different number

anthonygdy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am looking to port my number out of Public Mobile because my work will pay for the bill. 

Because I love the plan soo much I want to port in my other Public Mobile number I have. 

What is the order to port out successfully and port in. 

I am scared I will lose the grandfathered plan. 

I am also scarred if I port in too soon that I can lose my phone number I originally had. 

Help Please Thank You Soo Much. 

7 REPLIES 7

@anthonygdy wrote:

I don't mind setting up a 3rd account just to get this working fine. I guess after it is working fine I can cancel the number I dont need anymore. 

Why would I need to request a specific mod? I want anyone to help me with this and in hopes I get a Private Message to get this rolling. 

Thanks for the input. 

The third account will automatically be closed in the last number transfer.

Certain mods have been around a bit longer and have worked out similar problems / requests before. However, with the change in communication protocol every mod on duty is taking the next message on top of the Moderator Team PM list. If it's somebody who doesn't know all the finer in and outs of the system (yet), the answer you get might be a "can't be done".

So putting into the subject line that you'd like Shazia_K to work on your request puts it on the right person's desk. But it also means that your request won't be dealt with until that particular person is back in office. (Shazia has chimed in in this thread and outlined part of the solution, @Luddite's reply has just taken it one step further.)

I'm also not sure if you expect the mods to react to this thread - your last sentence could be read that way. The ball is in your court: You need to send a private message to the mods to get this off the ground.

If you have missed it in @will13am's post: Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed description of what you want them to help you with.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

anthonygdy

I don't mind setting up a 3rd account just to get this working fine. I guess after it is working fine I can cancel the number I dont need anymore. 

Why would I need to request a specific mod? I want anyone to help me with this and in hopes I get a Private Message to get this rolling. 

Thanks for the input. 

Because you want to retain both PM numbers mimmo is correct: you will need a 3rd plan.

Plan 1 is promo

Plan 2 is current

Plan 3 is new PM

1. ask mods to move Plan 1 # to Plan 3 and request a random new number for Plan 1

2. port out the number now on Plan 3 and let it close

3. ask mods to move Plan 2 number to Plan 1 promo and close Plan 2.

That should do it; but double check my flow before you start. 

If you want a particular mod put "PLEASE REFER THIS REQUEST TO ..." in the subject line of your private message. Be aware that that may delay getting a response significantly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anthonygdy

I sent a Private Message. Thanks for your help!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You might need to get a 3rd pm account to be able to do it. There is a post by shazia about the process, so she is the best mod to deal with if possible.

There are a couple threads discussing the possibility/ impossibility of doing it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The Public Mobile accounts all have one number only and so any porting out closes the account with loss of any grandfathered plan.  If you are looking to do the slide puzzle thing with switching numbers, I believe the moderator team can do certain things thw we cannot do on our own in the self serve portal.  I suggest sending them a private message and go over with them what you want done and see what they have to say.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.