cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number problems

familygun1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new Public customer. I had a number with TextNow, which is an online phone number App. I tried trasferring this number to my Public account. It said it was successul. When i call using the regular phone app, the number used is the Textnow number, which is good. The problem is when someone calls that number, it says "Call rejected".

7 REPLIES 7

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it is still too early to involve the moderators team, they are already overloaded...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@familygun1 wrote:

I'm a new Public customer. I had a number with TextNow, which is an online phone number App. I tried trasferring this number to my Public account. It said it was successul. When i call using the regular phone app, the number used is the Textnow number, which is good. The problem is when someone calls that number, it says "Call rejected".

PM has done it part to port your number to PM.  It is up to TextNow to release your number to PM.  Porting a mobile number take a few minutes to a day.  But online number will take longer up to a week.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@familygun1 It sounds like an incomplete port, you will need to contact the moderators. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

familygun1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

oh, ok. I didn't know that. It's only been a couple of hours. I'll be more patient. Thank you.

JaimeLaPizza

And once porting is completed you will get an SMS from Public Mobile, until then some things will work, and others won't.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@familygun1 wrote:

A number port can take up to two days to complete. If it's a VOIP number it can take even longer so you need to be patient until the port completes. Once it completes you will be able to receive calls/texts.

JaimeLaPizza

How long has it been since you ported your number from TextNow ?

Need Help? Let's chat.