cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number into PM and porting PM number to another plan

selvynna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So I basically want to port two number simultaneously, and not lose the public mobile plan or any of my number. Let me explain in detail.

I currently have a 711 speakout number which I want to port into my existing public mobile plan. My current public mobile number I want to port into a telus plan (paid for by work).

So how should I do this? If I do the speakout - public mobile port first, will my current number be unregistered?

If I port my public mobile number to telus first, will I lose my public mobile plan?

How should I do this?
35 REPLIES 35

I'm just too slow with my replies... They are also based on previous posts in the community. Like @mimmo I'm curious about the reply from the moderator team.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent  your reply implies that it is possible to port out from PM and to port into the old account/plan.  

Can you please clarify.

The standard advice given in the community, as this question has been asked numerous times, is that you can either keep number and close account or lose a number and keep the account.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Looks to me like you'll be loosing either your PM number or your PM plan. And unfortunately there is no way around it (There are plenty of threads with similar scenarios that come to the same conclusion, at least one of them confirmed by the moderators...).

If you port your Speakout number to PM first you'll keep the Speakout number and the PM plan but loose the PM number.

If you port your PM number to Telus first you'll keep both your numbers but loose your PM plan since your account will be closed when you port out.

The only solution to keep both numbers and your PM plan that I can see would be porting the Speakout number to Telus.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @selvynna,

I just  sent you a private message, please read it and write back to me with the requested information privately.

Cordially,

Gregory.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you can keep one or the other. 

porting in cancels your current PM number

porting out cancels your PM plan.

You can not do both. you need to decide what is most important to you.

What plan are you currently on with PM? maybe there can be some suggestions

Need Help? Let's chat.