cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Porting number into PM and porting PM number to another plan

@Thao10 you want a brand new phone number on a single PM account?  Or you have two PM accounts and want to swap the phone numbers between the two?

If the first option, then don't choose "Select a new phone number" when you get to the Change Phone Number page, insead of clicking on "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider".  

If the second option, you'll definitely have to reach out to the moderators via private message for assistance, but I believe it is not possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Thao10 wrote:
No, its not the case.
I current have a number with MP and i want to change to another one with MP also.

@Thao10

If you are simply trying to switch to a new number from PM's available number pool, then in the Change Number page, you would choose "Select a new phone number", not "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider".  The second option is where you are getting the Check Eligibility test, and is unnecessary if you are getting an entirely new number.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The situation is. I did transfer from Rogers to MP. However, somehow I got different number. Now i want to change it to my old number.

I did concact the moderator already. Thanks for your help.
Highlighted

how do i choose the number i want it in the available number pool?
Mayor / Maire

Thao10 wrote:
how do i choose the number i want it in the available number pool?

@Thao10

Just to be clear, the numbers offered through the number pool will be random and completely unrelated to the phone number you had with Rogers.  To get a number from PM's number pool, choose "Select a new phone number", then select the province/city.  The selector will only show you 5 random phone numbers at a time based on your city.  If you don't like any of these, you can refresh the choices by selecting a different city, then going back to the city you want.  When you find one you like, highlight it and click submit.  If you are picky about your phone number, it is admittedly a time-consuming process with limited choices, unfortunately.  Be sure you really want that number, because you can only change your phone number once every 30 days with PM.