cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number to PM on a Holiday

lfaber
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone: I'd like to port a number over to a new SIM today. Should I expect any issues as it's Good Friday?

5 REPLIES 5

lfaber
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for this @will13am . I agree that it's a good idea to activate a new number first.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lfaber , you should be fine signing up and porting today.  Here's a few tips to ensure a trouble free process.  Activate with a new number first and then do the number port as a second step.  Using this approach will not jeopardize your existing service if something goes wrong with the activation.  Follow this guide on how to fill out the activation forms.  Always check twice before submitting the form.  Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@lfaber wrote:

Hi everyone: I'd like to port a number over to a new SIM today. Should I expect any issues as it's Good Friday?

It will take same amount of time on a holdiay.  Moderators if you need help have same hours too but there might be less workkng but that is only if there is a problem.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

the porting process is automated without human intervention. Unless you are porting from Telus/Koodo which does need one.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@lfaber  It should be fine, but if there are any problems it may take longer for them to get fixed as the mods might be on holiday.

Need Help? Let's chat.