cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number

clbear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We recently ported in a new number and were wondering if we re capture the old number to another public mobile account.

11 REPLIES 11

clbear

It was originally ported in from Telus in Dec. 2016

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@clbear  please let us know what happens.   Also was the lost number originally a public mobike assigned number.  

In essence what you are attempting to do is a pm to pm port which is not allowed 

@clbear  Fingers crossed the moderators can help you out!

clbear

Thanks, I'm going through the moderators now

@clbear please remove the number from your post. This is a public forum.

popping

@clbear 

Please edit you post to remove your phone number if you do not want any spam calls.  Anyone can read your post.

Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab.

Is your Telus number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your Telus number for you to call out, send text and data.  But you need to wait until your Telus  to release your number to PM before you can receive calls and text messages.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@clbear is the other pm account set up? If yes, log in, go to change number, your location and see if the number is available. If it's there, select it.

If not, And I'm not sure @mimmo chime in here please. Would it be possible to contact a moderator and ask them to apply it to the PM account if it is available ?

If this is possible,  to contact a moderator . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

clbear

The number originated from Telus and was ported to Public Mobile in Dec 2016.  I went to a Telus store and they said they can't see the phone number on their end. They told me I need to contact Public Mobile.

The number is still inactive. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was the overwritten number one that you got from PM or another carrier? If it's from another carrier then it would be highly unlikely.

If it is a PM number then there might be a slim chance, you can message the mods and ask. It would help if you have the second account already activated for this, so the mods can quickly transfer the number into your second account for you.

mimmo

Porting a number into an account automatically returns the number to the original issuing provider.

You might be se to contact the original issuer and see if they can give you the number. Not sure how often a positive outcome is though.

Edit:If  you are able to get tbe number back you can then port if to your second pm account.

popping

@clbear wrote:

We recently ported in a new number and were wondering if we re capture the old number to another public mobile account.

Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab.

Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.  But you need to wait until your old provider to release your number to PM before you can receive calls and text messages.

If no, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.