cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from Virgin but sim is still active

Raghu436
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been 8 hours ,I still have both networks active.I feel like I will be charged for both.i don't understand how same number is working for both networks.usually how long does it take to completely port.i have Virgin and pm both on same number , shouldn't Virgin be deactivated by now?

5 REPLIES 5

Andrei_DA
Customer Support Agent

Hello !

Depending on the port type, the process can take either a couple of hours for wireless to wireless or 2-3 business days if the phone number used to be for a landline with the old provider.

I recommend getting in touch with our Moderator Team by clicking here, because this scenario requires a bit of research and you will need to discuss about your account in particular. 

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Definitely PM a moderator on this one. My 2 ports from Bell were both completed within an hour (and that was in the middle of the night).

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Raghu436 wrote:

It's been 8 hours ,I still have both networks active.I feel like I will be charged for both.i don't understand how same number is working for both networks.usually how long does it take to completely port.i have Virgin and pm both on same number , shouldn't Virgin be deactivated by now?

Your number was not ported. When complete, Public Mobile incoming calls will start working.  When done, Virgib service will stop automatically.  8 hour means unsuccessful port.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It can take up to half a day or so for mobile to mobile ports to complete. Probably by the time you wake up tomorrow it will be fine and dandy. If it isn't then you might have a stuck port. Just for the fun of it. Landlines are usually 2-3 business days (up to a week) and VOIP is usually a week as well. Having both lines active during the transition is completely normal. 8 hours is a relatively short period of time in the grand scheme of things.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You will need help from the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to and explain your problem @Raghu436 

Need Help? Let's chat.