cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide more US roaming options

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I went across the border for 4 hours a short while ago for a hockey game.  At the same time I had a sick toddler at home (nothing serious, but still).  It would have been nice to be able to purchase a very short plan in order to receive calls and/or texts in case there was an emergency.  I was unreachable though.  

I have no problem paying for a US 10 day plan when I'm going for multiple days, but it's crazy to pay that price for 4 hours when I likely won't even use my phone, it would be for emergencies only.  

Why not have like a $5 add on that allows for a limited number of texts and a very small number of voice minutes?  It doesn't need to include data.  I'm sure a lot of people would buy it.  I'm a paranoid first time parent so I hate being unreachable

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

THanks @NDesai, I meant to come back here and edit my reply after I found the Public Lab thread.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

Agreed with @NDesai, this should be a Public Lab idea if you haven't already done so.  There are existing ideas about expanding the US roaming options offered, but I think this is a unique spin on it.

Already posted.

EDIT: nvm, you commented already. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agreed with @NDesai, this should be a Public Lab idea if you haven't already done so.  There are existing ideas about expanding the US roaming options offered, but I think this is a unique spin on it. EDIT: you have already done so 🙂 

@CalvinW I don't think Jeremy will be able to provide much info.  PM don't typically discuss future plans publicly--presumably for competitive reasons.  Chances are, IF they are working on any additional roaming options, we won't hear anything until they're actually launched (or just about to).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@shaner82 I recommend you to take your idea and post it in the public lab. I searched it to see if there is any existing idea already but i don't see any that addresses your case like emergency use add-on. 

Good Luck. 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's true. Let's ask the man himself.

@Jeremy_M 

Can you please offer any insight about when changes are coming?

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CalvinW wrote:

@shaner82 Many people have already proposed this idea in the public labs. However, PM has yet to implement any changes since the addition of US data roaming only happened at the end of last year. Just give them some more time, they are bound to offer some for flexible options. Hopefully, at least.

I don't disagree with you, but I'm asking because if enough people push for it, it's more likely than if only a few ask.  After all, you did use the word "hopefully."  It would be nice if PM spoke up and at least said it's something they're looking into.  

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shaner82 Many people have already proposed this idea in the public labs. However, PM has yet to implement any changes since the addition of US data roaming only happened at the end of last year. Just give them some more time, they are bound to offer some more flexible options. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Need Help? Let's chat.