cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please make an Unlimited Text plan.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If PC Mobile can offer this (see image below) I’m sure Public Mobile could also easily add in a $15 plan too.

...since they already offer 10,__,20,25,30,35,40,45,50 plans. 

F2D1BFD2-26E2-4A63-B81D-DC4384D76EA0.jpeg

46 REPLIES 46

$15 texting plan heck yes.

@TMS wrote:

Like a kid on Christmas! 😄

My dream has come true. 😄 

Sorry to break it to you, but i took your suggestion to the team and they confirmed it will get passed on...but then Chatr launched the $25 and $15 plan, and hence they responded. Either way, your dream did come true 🙂

TMS

@BEER wrote:

LOL. PM has listened and just because you asked are now offering what you want....LOL. 

Think PM is the greatest -- don't you?

No, beer is much greater than PM. 😄

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

LOL. PM has listened and just because you asked are now offering what you want....LOL. 

Think PM is the greatest -- don't you?

TMS

Like a kid on Christmas! 😄

My dream has come true. 😄 

@TMS  You should be more than happy with the new plans 🙂

TMS

what...what...WHAT is this I see!??!

😝😝😝

AAE1A012-A9C9-42BF-BEF5-DEB268E0A82A.jpeg

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker  @TMS fill your testing boots! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TMS

TMS

Text 1-2-3

Texting 1-2

😝

@srlawren wrote:

@TMS  definitely understand the ask!  Unfortunately, PM can't be everything to everyone.  At least you're fortunate that the plan you want (minus loyalty and referral rewards) is actually out there already and available to you.  So now you'll have to choose between it, or ponying up a little more for a plan with unlimited testing at PM.  I'd say the choice is pretty easy.

@srlawren,

A plan with unlimited testing eh?  Cool!! LOL

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

TMS a lot of that is probably to create the appearance of competition between the top carriers considering that PM, Koodo and Telus are all Telus.

TMS

@mik101 wrote:

I agree with srlawren.

It's amazing what you can do with the referal discounts and other perks in the PM plans. I'm new here, but my best friend is a long time customer, and he finally convinced me to make the jump. I was getting taken advantage of from Bell for far too long. I've already referred someone else and thanks to the $25 referral promotion on until the 18th, next month is already free for me! 🙂

PM is great 👍 

...make a plan an at the $15 mark and they become greater!

TMS

@srlawren wrote:

@TMS  definitely understand the ask!  Unfortunately, PM can't be everything to everyone.  At least you're fortunate that the plan you want (minus loyalty and referral rewards) is actually out there already and available to you.  So now you'll have to choose between it, or ponying up a little more for a plan with unlimited testing at PM.  I'd say the choice is pretty easy.

Indeed it is easy, only wish it was easier. 

You don’t find it bizarre that Koodo offers the plan mentioned for cheaper than PM?

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with srlawren.

It's amazing what you can do with the referal discounts and other perks in the PM plans. I'm new here, but my best friend is a long time customer, and he finally convinced me to make the jump. I was getting taken advantage of from Bell for far too long. I've already referred someone else and thanks to the $25 referral promotion on until the 18th, next month is already free for me! 🙂

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TMS

@stonechucker wrote:

@TMS, Public Mobile does offer two unlimited texting plans.  Text and MMS only, on 30 or 90-day cycles for $20 and $55 dollars.

There is no voice calling, but data could be added via add-ons for $30/ 1GB, or $10/200mb

The 90-day text only plan is $18.33/30-day equivalent.  Not far off $15

@stonechucker I see now, my apologies. It is not in their already made/advertised plans. You have to “build your own plan” to get that. 🙂

$20 is still steep compared to the other cellular providers. It would make more sense if they just made a plan to compete with their competitors. SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

@TMS, Public Mobile does offer two unlimited texting plans.  Text and MMS only, on 30 or 90-day cycles for $20 and $55 dollars.

There is no voice calling, but data could be added via add-ons for $30/ 1GB, or $10/200mb

The 90-day text only plan is $18.33/30-day equivalent.  Not far off $15

TMS

@MoreYummy wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

dont think they would offer unlimited text on lowest plan.

How about the 2nd lowest plan? 🙂

Such as $20.01 ?!Smiley LOL

A $15.00 plan 

@TMS wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

Such as $20.01 ?!Smiley LOL

TMS

@srlawren wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If that plan suits your needs why not port out toPCMobilee? 

Because I want to move my son over to PM as to have all of our family with PM. He would use less than 50 call minutes, but definitely more than 50 outgoing texts. 

($25 PM plandoesn’tt make sense)

@TMS here's the thing:  since every PM line has to be it's own account, administered and paid for separately, you're gaining nothing by moving your son's line to PM vs. the one that meets your needs better.  You're 100% better to stay with it and not care what PM offers.

Loyalty and referral credits would be nice though. 🙂

srlawren

@TMS wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If that plan suits your needs why not port out to PCMobile? 

Because I want to move my son over to PM as to have all of our family with PM. He would use less than 50 call minutes, but definitely more than 50 outgoing texts. 

($25 PM plan doesn’t make sense)

@TMS here's the thing:  since every PM line has to be it's own account, administered and paid for separately, you're gaining nothing by moving your son's line to PM vs. the one that meets your needs better.  You're 100% better to stay with it and not care what PM offers.

@TMS 

Freedom starts at $15 with unlimited text
Koodo starts at $15 with unlimited text
PC Mobile starts at $15 unlimited text
Virgin mobile starts at $15 unlimited text
Petro Canada starts at $15 unlimited text
Fido starts at $15.75 unlimited text
Sasktel starts at $15 unlimited text
Speakout starts at $20 unlimited text
Telus starts at $22 unlimited text
Citifone starts at $22.50 unlimited text

Bell starts at $15 unlimited text

Rogers starts at $15 unlimited text
Public mobile starts at $25 ($20 in BYOP but 0 voice and unable to add-on minutes, this $20 is more like public mobile punishing you, you are not allowed to buy minutes)  "Long Distance Add-Ons require a monthly talk feature on the rate plan."

Public mobile is the worst competitor in the text market.

TMS

@MoreYummy wrote:

TMS

@will13am wrote:

@TMS wrote:

That is what plan he’s on presently -$15 prepaid Koodo Unlimited texts. 

🙂 

It has got to be a matter of time that they add a text add-on option. 

🤞

@TMS wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

In the end it is about loyalty to your wallet  as @will13am always says.  If you find an offer that works better for you follow it don't wait for your current provider to change to fit you

@will13am is the reason I am here and my one son. Trying to get my other kid over here. 🙂

There is always room for one more!

@TMS wrote:

🙂 

It has got to be a matter of time that they add a text add-on option. 

TMS

🙂 

@TMS wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Even if they’d offer the same 50 minutes as PCMobile I’d be happy. 

$8 for 50 minutes + unlimited text will kill 7-11 Speakout for sure.  Parent will be happy to get it for kids who use mostly text only.

I'm in the "move to the provider that meets your budget" camp. What's on the market right now is what we have access to, make the best out of it.

Before I moved to Public Mobile due to the need of unlimited minutes (and later a data bucket) on top of my existing texting pattern, I was with SpeakOut. My average yearly cell phone cost was $160 (incl. buying the top-ups at their $100+$25 promos) and included their unlimited text add-on plus around one or two dozen of minutes of pay-as-you-go talk time a month (to essentially move the conversation to / or a call back from VoIP as needed).

If I would be in the same usage pattern as I was then, I would probably take Public Mobile's $10/50/50 plan and the 1GB data add-on for on the go (=$150/year before rewards) and move all my texting personal contacts to over-data/WiFi-messaging apps.

Very good point in adding the 1GB. 

Thanks!

I'm just hesitant to give 1GB to a teenager. 😄

Totally get it (even if you treat it as a learning opportunity for them 😉 ) - and I didn't mean to imply that my solution is the silver bullet for everybody.

Besides your suggestion of unlimited text on the limited minutes plan, I believe a reasonably priced text add-on could go a long ways.

The other way around, that isn't available at Public Mobile, would be allowing the talk add-ons to be used with a (cheaper priced) unlimited text-only plan. But I don't hold my breath since that exact concept already exists in the Telus family in form of the Koodo Prepaid boosters.

Need Help? Let's chat.