cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please make an Unlimited Text plan.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If PC Mobile can offer this (see image below) I’m sure Public Mobile could also easily add in a $15 plan too.

...since they already offer 10,__,20,25,30,35,40,45,50 plans. 

F2D1BFD2-26E2-4A63-B81D-DC4384D76EA0.jpeg

46 REPLIES 46

TMS

@wetcoaster wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Even if they’d offer the same 50 minutes as PCMobile I’d be happy. 

$8 for 50 minutes + unlimited text will kill 7-11 Speakout for sure.  Parent will be happy to get it for kids who use mostly text only.

I'm in the "move to the provider that meets your budget" camp. What's on the market right now is what we have access to, make the best out of it.

Before I moved to Public Mobile due to the need of unlimited minutes (and later a data bucket) on top of my existing texting pattern, I was with SpeakOut. My average yearly cell phone cost was $160 (incl. buying the top-ups at their $100+$25 promos) and included their unlimited text add-on plus around one or two dozen of minutes of pay-as-you-go talk time a month (to essentially move the conversation to / or a call back from VoIP as needed).

If I would be in the same usage pattern as I was then, I would probably take Public Mobile's $10/50/50 plan and the 1GB data add-on for on the go (=$150/year before rewards) and move all my texting personal contacts to over-data/WiFi-messaging apps.

Very good point in adding the 1GB. 

Thanks!

I'm just hesitant to give 1GB to a teenager. 😄

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

$8 for 50 minutes + unlimited text will kill 7-11 Speakout for sure.  Parent will be happy to get it for kids who use mostly text only.

I'm in the "move to the provider that meets your budget" camp. What's on the market right now is what we have access to, make the best out of it.

Before I moved to Public Mobile due to the need of unlimited minutes (and later a data bucket) on top of my existing texting pattern, I was with SpeakOut. My average yearly cell phone cost was $160 (incl. buying the top-ups at their $100+$25 promos) and included their unlimited text add-on plus around one or two dozen of minutes of pay-as-you-go talk time a month (to essentially move the conversation to / or a call back from VoIP as needed).

If I would be in the same usage pattern as I was then, I would probably take Public Mobile's $10/50/50 plan and the 1GB data add-on for on the go (=$150/year before rewards) and move all my texting personal contacts to over-data/WiFi-messaging apps.

TMS

Lol. I will. 

👍

@TMS wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

It all depends on the competition. If you see what Lucky offers, it's the exact same thing for $10 plan (50 min/texts). Better choice would be PM because of the rewards system. You can bring the cost down by $2 right away, and it will go down by $1 every year until 5 years. I agree that 50 texts are not enough and there is no texting add-on available. But regardless, this is the cheapest emergency plan you can have. We have yet to see a carrier that even gives us an opportunity to bring the plan cost down to $0. 

This is a perfect emergency plan. 🙂

Just seems that PM follows their competition’s plans. Although, Lucky, coming after, seems to copy and follow their competition as well. 

It is odd that PM offers 10,__,20,25,30,35,40,45,50 etc... but do not offer that $15

plan. 

Better to convince Lucky or Chatr, and PM will most likely follow Smiley LOL

TMS

@NDesai wrote:

It all depends on the competition. If you see what Lucky offers, it's the exact same thing for $10 plan (50 min/texts). Better choice would be PM because of the rewards system. You can bring the cost down by $2 right away, and it will go down by $1 every year until 5 years. I agree that 50 texts are not enough and there is no texting add-on available. But regardless, this is the cheapest emergency plan you can have. We have yet to see a carrier that even gives us an opportunity to bring the plan cost down to $0. 

This is a perfect emergency plan. 🙂

Just seems that PM follows their competition’s plans. Although, Lucky, coming after, seems to copy and follow their competition as well. 

It is odd that PM offers 10,__,20,25,30,35,40,45,50 etc... but do not offer that $15

plan. 

TMS

@ShawnC13 wrote:

In the end it is about loyalty to your wallet  as @will13am always says.  If you find an offer that works better for you follow it don't wait for your current provider to change to fit you

@will13am is the reason I am here and my one son. Trying to get my other kid over here. 🙂

TMS

@mimmo wrote:

If that plan suits your needs why not port out to PCMobile? 

Because I want to move my son over to PM as to have all of our family with PM. He would use less than 50 call minutes, but definitely more than 50 outgoing texts. 

($25 PM plan doesn’t make sense)

TMS

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Just wish Public Mobile would offer the same unlimited texts as their competitors. Don’t care so much about the 50 call minutes. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS wrote:

If that plan suits your needs why not port out to PCMobile? 

In the end it is about loyalty to your wallet  as @will13am always says.  If you find an offer that works better for you follow it don't wait for your current provider to change to fit you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

Fido offers 3GB data plan which you could use in conjunction with Fongo (although not as reliable as regular cellular calls). You can send and receive calls and texts with Fongo. 

Although not truly a comparison with the unlimited text $15 plan, it can be done with some workaround.

EB78822F-189D-43EC-880A-BC28EA6849F0.jpeg

TMS

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have one line with Telus on prepaid for $10/month and it comes with 500 minutes and 100 text messages, Since people prefer to text, this plan would be better if it was unlimited text with 100 minute.  PM should offer this type of plan.

TMS

AC6C43DD-94A3-46B8-9638-3D197CA98CBD.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.