Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me. It says I have minutes left but I can't make any calls

Janice26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

20191107_093158.png

11 REPLIES 11

@Janice26  Waiting for a moderator to reset your account is the best option and response time is usually a couple of hours at most. However if your calling feature is of the upmost importance right now...ie life or death, job interview, Nobel prize call, amazing race audition.....you can use the lost /stolen trick but this will make you lose rewards upon renewal and you will have to contact a moderator. Use this method only in desperation.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What happens when you call 611?

@Janice26  Did you make changes to your device recently? 

@Janice26 

As you wait for moderator help, if you have not tried already, reboot your phone.

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to rule out hardware issue.  

@Janice26 wrote:

I am able to call my voicemail.

Calling feature is working.  The numbers you are calling are Canadian numbers?  Try including 1 in front of the 10 digit number.  If you continue to have problems with calling, you should contact the moderator team and have them reset the account.  It has been a while, but there used to be a bug that affected the provisioning of the calling feature in some accounts.  An account reset fixes the problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Janice26

I am able to call my voicemail.

Janice26

Screenshot_20191107-100225.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Try calling your voicemail as a test. 

Janice26

Thank you for replying. It is active. I can still text. 

@Janice26 

It does look like that you have enough minutes.  More details would be helpful (see above post)

Is your account status active or suspended?  Does incoming calls work?  Text or data?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Do you get an error message or does it just fail and disconnects.

What is the status are you about to renew?

What phone are you using?

How is connection? Do you have any bars?

Did you try restarting the phone with the sim inside?

Can you borrow another phonethat works with Telus network  to  test your sim?

Finally also check the number, I missdialed couple of times and was trying to reach a number in USA

Need Help? Let's chat.