cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasant surprise

LIsaannexo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HEy all, 

Just curiou if anyone else got this too. I logged onto my account today and was surprised to find 250GB of 3G data activated in my add-ons seperate from the data addon I knowingly purchased! Obviously this is a happy surprise, I am just extremely curious as to where it came from?! 

Let me know if you know anything more than me 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LIsaannexo are you on a $15 plan?  if so, how many total data do you see? 250MB? or 500MB?  

@hTideGnow 

If you are wondering if the $15 plan now has 500 MB either the plan would have had to have gone through a renewal since the scrapping of the Provincial Plans (was that just Thursday or Friday?) and/or usually with any plan adjustments the person remains on the old version until they log in to switch to the “new $15 plan”. But looking at the plans in the Plan Change area it seems clear that the plan does not come with 250 MB unless setting up Autopay (even though we know it actually does come with 250 MB whether on Autopay or not).

I am on the $15 plan still showing 250 MB of data and I am 10 days away from renewal.

AE_Collector

@LIsaannexo wrote:

OH! I didn't realize there was 250mb included every 30 days with my $15 plan! 

I do indeed have that plan as well as signed up for auto-pay..

I love it! I had no idea, only my third or fourth month with a public mobile account. 

It works the same way with all PM plans.

And you can always change to a different plan with different price and data provision, month to month, at no charge, if you decide you need more or less data.

"Change plan at next renewal" is self-explanatory while "Change plan now" will halt your current plan and start your new plan (this interrupts your Rewards for the billing cycle, but it also immediately starts a new plan with a new data provision, in effect you pay less for more data than you'd get by buying a bunch of add-ons).

(You could technically use this trick to renew your 100-minutes of Canada-wide Talk. But buying the $5 500-minute Canada-wide Talk add-on would be smarter, lol.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LIsaannexo : Could you post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

There's no 250mb data to buy. There's 200mb and 1gb. Some wonder if it's 250 base + 250 autopay bonus but most doubt it.

@LIsaannexo wrote:

I have total of 500.

250 at 3g speed 

and 250, 

I purchased the second myself, they are listed seperately

Yup.

I thought it would be helpful to advise how add-on data works compared to plan data.

The plan data is consumed in a cycle BEFORE any add-on data is used, so you can be sure you'll maximize the data bucket that can be carried forth this way onto a subsequent cycle.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LIsaannexo :I use $15 plan too and signed up for autopay but still use vouchers to pay each month and I still get the 250MB each month, with all the WiFi everywhere I never go over the 250MB each month - but I always make sure I turn off background data for everything and turn off mobile data for most apps too.

LIsaannexo

I have total of 500.

250 at 3g speed 

and 250, 

I purchased the second myself, they are listed seperately

@LIsaannexo wrote:

I love it! I had no idea, only my third or fourth month with a public mobile account. 

@LIsaannexo 

The 250MB renews every cycle.

The amount left from the prior cycle drops off and does not add onto future cycles.

If you purchase add-ons, those DO carry over to subsequent cycles and will remain on the account until they are consumed.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

TheGx

@LIsaannexo :Haha that good, well you might as well select Dunkman post as your accepted solution since he figured it all out first, just click on the accepted solution button on Dunkman post - doing this will help others in future who have same question as you did.

@LIsaannexo are you on a $15 plan?  if so, how many total data do you see? 250MB? or 500MB?  

LIsaannexo

TheGx

@LIsaannexo :Ok then it what Dunkman said, the 250MB if you on the $15 plan and signed up for autopay, you'll get the 250MB data bonus reach month.

LIsaannexo

My mistake, I definitely did mean MB not GB 

TheGx

@LIsaannexo :250GB? You must mean 250MB because there not add on for that much. You should post your billing history with your personal information removed so we can see what you actually bought.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LIsaannexo 

What is y.  our base plan?  $15 plan?  If so, the $15 plan does including 250 mb data each 30 day cycle if you signed up for autopay.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

Need Help? Let's chat.