cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

Dnop68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is public mobile planning to do to compete with the unlimited data plans now being offered by the big three?

8 REPLIES 8

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Bell, Telus, and Rogers throttle speed to 512kps once you reach your limit.  

I see see people who are constantly on their phone using social media or streaming videos or music.  There must be a demand by consumers who are willing to pay for unlimited data plans.

I honestly don't know why you need unlimited data if you're in an urban, or suburban area.  The majority of folks with cellular plans in Canada live within major centres where WiFi is easily available in local shops and buildings, and a very large number have it at home also, many of these plans also unlimited.

I have 12 GB over 90-days.  33 days to go, and I've used only 27% of my data.  I have my cellular data on all the time, but at home (and my girlfriend's place), my WiFi is used.  I walk 2-3 hours a day, I rarely use open WiFi, and I stream music via Spotify, RadioPlayerCanada or TuneIn while I'm walking the dog, or walking to/from work.

I have more than enough data.

@tehowennathe wrote:

PM won't bring unlimited unless Chatr of Lucky do the same. 

They're already both doing it, although speed that the data gets slowed to after using up your data is not good.

@denis2Different people have different needs.. that's why there are different providers / plans for people to pick and choose.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I dont see why anybody would need unlimited data on a phone,  I dont even use all of my 1 GB a month.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM won't bring unlimited unless Chatr of Lucky do the same. Though PM is the prepaid leader due to them having the first prepaid Canada US Roaming plan. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dnop68 wrote:

What is public mobile planning to do to compete with the unlimited data plans now being offered by the big three?

@Dnop68  PM competes with Chatr and Lucky so unless they make a move then my guess is nothing.☹️

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dnop68 wrote:

Seems to me everybody says their crystal balls are on the fritz.

Need Help? Let's chat.