cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can anyone suggest plans for me that have like more than 100 minutes of talk and 250 mb of data and texting thats cheap?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@Dylan3, a data-only plan at $20, plus a VoIP system for calling and SMS*, can be as cheap as $0.009/min for all calls to Canada and the US.  Even cheaper if you don't want the high-quality voice plans.

The SMS on VoIP services doesn't always work with a standard SMS client.  Your experience may be different, but I did try VoIP.ms services, and SMS went to an email address which was sent to a web portal, with an option to email direct to my inbox.

@stonechucker to play devil's advocate:  the $20 data only plan gives you 250 MB of data (which is basically nothing), to which you are suggesting adding calling at a per-min price plus using up some of that limited data for the calling and SMS services.  For $5 more (until April 22nd of course), you can quadruple the amount of data (1GB with AutoPay bonus) as well as adding unlimited Canada-wide calling ($0.00/min and no data usage) and texting.  I know everyone's budgets are different, but the $20 data only plan is a far worse value than the $25 promo plan IMHO.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Dylan3, a data-only plan at $20, plus a VoIP system for calling and SMS*, can be as cheap as $0.009/min for all calls to Canada and the US.  Even cheaper if you don't want the high-quality voice plans.

The SMS on VoIP services doesn't always work with a standard SMS client.  Your experience may be different, but I did try VoIP.ms services, and SMS went to an email address which was sent to a web portal, with an option to email direct to my inbox.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dylan3 wrote:

Can anyone suggest plans for me that have like more than 100 minutes of talk and 250 mb of data and texting thats cheap?

@Dylan3 what's your definition of cheap?  AKA what's your budget cap?

The $15 plan doesn't have "more than" 100 mins of talk but has exactly 100mins of talk and 250MB of data (with AutoPay enabled) and unlimited texting:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed, and the next bump up is the $25 plan with unlimited texting, unlimited Canada-wide talk, and 1GB of data (with AutoPay enabled):  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/25for500MB-3Gspeed.  As noted, act fast since these will no longer be offered after the 22nd of April.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

If 15 plan its not enough for you, the next one that includes data texting and talk is $25. If you have credit card and can do autopay it will be $23 and they double the data to 1g. For now that's probably the best option for you, it will expire on April22nd.

There is really nothing been15 and25 that would offer both data and talk.

You could get data only for 20 and buy long distance minutes, you get either200 for$8 our 400 for$15 and they don't expire, they roll over month to month, but it's only 250m of data. If you need just a little bit more you can buy data add on which also doesn't expire, you also get to keep everything you didn't use. That plan is $5 less but you do get much less and all the add ons will cost too.

So yeah everybody here so far gave you the same and the best advice, go with $25

If you can't get hold of a credit card send me a message and I'll send you some links

Cheers

@kselmak 

You can NOT use the LD add-ons if the base plan doesn't include a talk feature. Period. Your data only suggestion does not work.

If the op only goes over the limit occasionally, they can combine a LD add-on and a data add-on with their $15 plan. Both add-ons don't expire until used up.

If more minutes and data is needed on a regular basis, future dating to the $25 special offer before April 22 is the best bang for the buck.

Hi

Thanks for pointing out, good to know

I guess if you want to keep it to min and you don't go much over, 15+adons would do. But i wouldn't go for it, I'd get 25 especially since it will be gone so soon. Definitely best value for light use

willbrown13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is 100% true. But Public Mobile has a long history of offering really good deals. So IF you do miss it, keep checking next month as well. 

@kselmak wrote:

If 15 plan its not enough for you, the next one that includes data texting and talk is $25. If you have credit card and can do autopay it will be $23 and they double the data to 1g. For now that's probably the best option for you, it will expire on April22nd.

You could get data only for 20 and buy long distance minutes, you get either200 for$8 our 400 for$15 and they don't expire, they roll over month to month, but it's only 250m of data. If you need just a little bit more you can buy data add on which also doesn't expire, you also get to keep everything you didn't use. That plan is $5 less but you do get much less and all the add ons will cost too.

So yeah everybody here so far gave you the same and the best advice, go with $25

If you can't get hold of a credit card send me a message and I'll send you some links

Cheers

@kselmak 

You can NOT use the LD add-ons if the base plan doesn't include a talk feature. Period. Your data only suggestion does not work.

If the op only goes over the limit occasionally, they can combine a LD add-on and a data add-on with their $15 plan. Both add-ons don't expire until used up.

If more minutes and data is needed on a regular basis, future dating to the $25 special offer before April 22 is the best bang for the buck.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I were you, I'd lock in that 25$ plan with unlimited talk and text and a gig of data before it goes bye-bye on 22 April. If you're on the plan by then, you can keep it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dylan3 wrote:

Not here. Other than the offerings on the Plans page keep looking. That $25 plan has been very attractive for many people. Hurry up though.

Need Help? Let's chat.