cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans with higher Data?

Asksteven
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need I speak to a human like now or am going to switch provider! I need a bigger plan 8 gigs data not enough 

EDITED by ShawnC13: Changed title so it matches the subject and not the announcement this was originally placed in.

11 REPLIES 11

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Asksteven can I suggest staying for one more month. the black Friday specials are coming up soon.

follow these steps to help save on data. then observe through the next 30 days if you really need more than 8.5gb

disable these options:

autosync
Google photos backup
Playstore auto updates
backup to Google drive off

disable "automatic system updates" in your "developer options" (to get this option, find your os "build number" located in "about phone" and keep tapping it until "developer options enabled" appears

to save data:

keep your video quality at 480p or lower
turn off autoplay videos on your social networking apps and browser
if you really need to save data. use the "data saver" option if your device has it
use "lite mode" on your browser

iPhone:

Disable apps auto update
iTunes & App Stores > Turn Off Use Cellular / Mobile Data

Disable background data
Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Turn it Off entirely or by selective Apps

Disable iCloud sync
Go to Settings > Cellular / Mobile Data > Turn Off iCloud Drive

Disable Wifi Assist
Go to Settings > Cellular / Mobile Data > scroll to bottom > Wi-Fi Assist > turn OFF

Disable data on certain apps
Go to Settings > Cellular > Scroll through and disable applications you don't want to used your Cellular Data

@Asksteven wrote:

Telus offers 20gig 

Hi @Asksteven if that is a better fit for you, then by all means, take it.  Best wishes!

EDITED by ShawnC13: Changed title so it matches the subject and not the announcement this was originally placed in.

@Asksteven wrote:

Telus offers 20gig 

It sounds like Telus is the right fit for you.  I am not trying to defend Public Mobile, but they serve a certain segment of the population.  It is evident they are looking to capture the segment of the market that not heavy users and would prefer to get a cheaper plan with less usage.  Not every provider can be a right fit for every customer.  That is why there are other brands to choose from.

Anyway, Public Mobile does not do side deals with customers.  There is no retention department that can offer price/plan matching.  The plans available are as found on the website.  Sorry if this does not meet your needs.  

EDITED by ShawnC13: Changed title so it matches the subject and not the announcement this was originally placed in.

@Asksteven wrote:

Telus offers 20gig 

Telus owns PM, so if Public offered that it would take away from the Telus Customers.  As stated if you need more than 8.5GB every 30 days you will need to find a different provider.  Have you looked at the Koodo plans?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asksteven wrote:

Telus offers 20gig 

@Asksteven 

Like I said...then you need to move on if that's your need. Lots of offerings out there with even more data. Enjoy the rates.

Are you managing your data? Are you using wifi as much as possible? Is this your primary internet connection?

Asksteven

Telus offers 20gig 

@Asksteven wrote:

Need I speak to a human like now or am going to switch provider! I need a bigger plan 8 gigs data not enough 

While the add-ons mentioned earlier can be purchased, 8.5GB is the plan with the largest amount of data offered.

@AnonymousPM also meets my needs with my 250MB plan. 8GB not enough? I'm glad I'm me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asksteven wrote:

Wow what a great cell phone provider 

Another option I suppose is for you to get the moderators to do an early renewal for you thereby giving you more data again.

They are a great cell phone provider...for my needs. My needs are free service. Done. You can't get that anywhere else.

Asksteven

Wow what a great cell phone provider 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Asksteven wrote:

@Asksteven 

Then you'll need to move on. No such thing here. You can buy a bunch of 1GB add-ons if you like. But that's it.

Need Help? Let's chat.