Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans and Change Over

ShawnH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Alan_K 

Hello,

I have a few questions so I will lay them out point form.

1. Is there any price diffence or advantage between 30 day payment cycle and the 90 day cycle?
  2. Are there any fees for changing a BYOD plan at next 30 day or 90 day renewal date?
  3. I have LG 4 H812 unlocked that i bought off amazon, is that fully supported on publics network/telus?
    1. Last time I had to have virgin enter thier apn network details to connect. Would I have to do this as well for Publics?
  4. Since I am looking at change carriers, and I do so mid month. How does public charge for services actived in the middle of a billing cycle? Also what is Public's Billing Cycle?
  5. Can I access my public account through my telus app to monitor my public mobile account? Does Public have it own account app for android?
  6. Since I am switching services is there a waiver for the 10 dollar sim card fee?
5 REPLIES 5

@RedSands, to add to @Lieux's response, as soon as you know you want to change, and what plan you want, is the best time.  I would add, do not do it on the last day, or the first day of your cycle, as errors tend to happen when changes are made on these two specific days.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

@RedSands wrote:

I am just new here gained this past weekend. My question is down the road if I want to change plans when is the best time to do this just before my billing date? On my billing date  or can I do anytime just don’t want to get doubled billed.

thank you

The best time for making a change plan is on THE RENEWAL DATE. You will have this option when you decide to change your plan in your self-serve account With this you will keep this plan even if it disappear after and you will keep what you paid for.

RedSands
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am just new here gained this past weekend. My question is down the road if I want to change plans when is the best time to do this just before my billing date? On my billing date  or can I do anytime just don’t want to get doubled billed.

thank you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here's the answer to the questions.

1.  Generally there shouldn't be differences between 30v and 90 days.  However the best deals are the ready made plans which are exclusively 30 days.  Advantage 30 day plans.

2.  There are never fees for plan changes.  When changing plans away opt to change on next renewal so that paid service is not lost.

3.  It's quite possible that manual apn addition will be required.  It's not hard.  There's knowledge base articles on the topic and the community is very helpful.

4.  The Public Mobile billing cycle starts on the day of activation.  There's no advantage on which day to activate, except to take advantage of deals.  Speaking of deals, the $40/5GB and $25/1GB plans are going away after Monday.

5.  No, the Telus app will not work on this service.  This service does not have an app.  Don't bother asking.  Many of us have talked about it without success.  No point wasting time.

6.  There's no waiver if sim card fee as a universal offer.  From time to time, there are deals that give free sim card, but not right now.  You can do a referral with an existing customer and get $10 account credit which negates the SIM card cost. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnH wrote:

Hello,

I have a few questions so I will lay them out point form.

1. Is there any price diffence or advantage between 30 day payment cycle and the 90 day cycle?
  2. Are there any fees for changing a BYOD plan at next 30 day or 90 day renewal date?
  3. I have LG 4 H812 unlocked that i bought off amazon, is that fully supported on publics network/telus?
    1. Last time I had to have virgin enter thier apn network details to connect. Would I have to do this as well for Publics?
  4. Since I am looking at change carriers, and I do so mid month. How does public charge for services actived in the middle of a billing cycle? Also what is Public's Billing Cycle?
  5. Can I access my public account through my telus app to monitor my public mobile account? Does Public have it own account app for android?
  6. Since I am switching services is there a waiver for the 10 dollar sim card fee?

1. There used to be, but now it is more just carry over data rather than resetting every 30 days.

2. Only if you choose to do it instantly rather than on your next renewal. You don't get a credit for unused time

3. You would likely need to reconfigure the APN, but it isn't that hard. Link to APN settings. As for the phone compatibility, I can't say, but there are sites you can check it on (don't bother with the one on PM). This usually works.

4. PM's billing cycle is every 30 days starting when you activate, so activate today, 30 days from now it is due again.

5. There is no PM app, just the website, and I don't believe the Telus app will work.

6. No, but if you get someone to ref you, you sometimes get something for it depending on the promotion.

Need Help? Let's chat.