cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans & Countries

Nick-fil-Eh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, just wondering about the plans..

My Fiancée lives in the U.S. and I was just wondering if the $50 Canada+US plan will work if I am in the states trying to use my phone. Example, to be able to make calls/texts and use data regardless of which of the two countries I am currently in. Or if there are any plans that offer this? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Felisa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

AT&T has prepaid sim card between Canada and US. It is prepay for a year and cost US$300, 8GB and data rolls over next month. Use talk, text and data in Mexico as well. You need a US address to ship the sim card and need a US credit card to pay. 

@buang99 Nothing would in the U.S. except for incoming text messagses on the mentioned $50 plan.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Nick-fil-Eh wrote:

Hi, just wondering about the plans..

My Fiancée lives in the U.S. and I was just wondering if the $50 Canada+US plan will work if I am in the states trying to use my phone. Example, to be able to make calls/texts and use data regardless of which of the two countries I am currently in. Or if there are any plans that offer this? Thanks!

@Nick-fil-Eh  Public did offer a plan that included US roaming unlimited calling/texting and 2GB of data but it was discontinued.

Your best bet is to purchase a US based prepaid that includes free calling/texting and data when in Canada. Check Amazon.ca for US prepaid sim cards and plans. If I remember correctly AT&T also offers a plan that includes free North American roaming.

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Data plans would only work inside Canada unless you have avail US Roaming Data from the add-ons.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nick-fil-Eh 

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not have a present plan that includes US roaming.  There was one for $60, but it was for limited time only.  

The $50 plan has unlimited calling to the USA, while in Canada.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

You will need to buy 10 day US roaming packages while you are in the United States.

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry not at the moment

There used to be a plan like that b it was 60 it would give you unlimited talk/text roaming in USA and also 2 gigs of data.

Somebody here was thinking of getting rid of it, if they didn't you could contact them directly, I'll try to find the link for you

Here it is https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/3-GB-data-bonus-add-on-promo/m-p/548716... 

We all anticipated that plan back this summer who knows what will happen when borders are open.

Another thing is if you/your fiance have access cdma phone (old sprint phones are great, even old sprint sim though inactive may work instead the new one) you may also consider textnow, you buy their sim for 10 and you get free calling and sms cost to coast, no need for data/wifi.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No @Nick-fil-Eh the plan is only valid for calls to the US from within Canada. You would need a 10 day roaming add to use your pm plan in the US. Its better to get a local sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.