cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan

Shelby3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a SIM car on June 1 and was told if I ordered a SIM card today with a $25 plan I would  get a free one-time 5GB data Add-on.

I activated my SIM card on Saturday, June 8, 2019 and still don't have the extra 5 GB of data?

Also, when activating my account I didn't get the $2 off for my autoplan.

Please advise.

Sharmaine Gillingham

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shelby3 wrote:

Activated on June 8th.

@Shelby3 then please see @Anonymous's response above which explains it.  In a nutshell:  what you're experiencing is normal behaviour for a new account, and you will get twice the auto-pay discount on your first renewal (on July 8th), and then settling back to the regular amount on your subsequent renewals (every 30 days starting August 7th).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shelby3

Activated on June 8th.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shelby3 wrote:

It was set up at activiation and there was no indicator in your rewards area on overview page.

@Shelby3 how long ago did you activate?  If you haven't had your first renewal yet, please see @Anonymous's reply above.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shelby3

It was set up at activiation and there was no indicator in your rewards area on overview page.

I have been in contact with a moderator and they are going to review.

Since then I have also set up my sons phone and got no rewards on his phone for he autopay either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shelby3 wrote:

Still haven't received my $2 off for the autoplan.

Did you contact the moderators? What did they say?

To review: Two things with the $2:

1. at initial activation, you get $2 deposited one time into your Available Funds.

2. you get an indicator in your rewards area on your overview page that you will get $2

#1 won't happen if you didn't initially set up autopay

#2 will happen when you setup autopay

Credits given to the account go into Available Funds.

Rewards "earned" get converted into Available Funds at renewal.

Renewals always use Available Funds first then go to autopay for the rest.

@Shelby3If you have added a credit card or Visa Debit to you file under Payment -> Manage Autopay you can click on Check your rewards to see if your $2 is there. If you have added the information but the rewards is not there then you will need to contact the Moderators. Also the rewards will "disappear" during your payment cycle as it is being applied to your balance.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.11.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.13.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.13.11 AM.png

Shelby3

Still haven't received my $2 off for the autoplan.

Shelby3

Too bad I wasn't aware before ordering 3 other SIM cards.

@Shelby3 wrote:

Was not aware that you can only have 1 email per account - interesting.

Still pretty unfair.

@Shelby3, the email address seems to be the unique identifier in the database used to record account information.  A bad way to do it, as it is totally conceivable that someone may wish to use very many accounts, and only 1 (or a few) emails to organize.

At this time, it's the 'way things are', and probably will not change soon.

@Shelby3 

If you signed up with credit card for autopay, you should receive the same $2 autopay as your husband.  

As for the $5 GB add on promotion, the fine print has caused issues for several customers.  

You may want to contact moderator for autopay issues and special promotion.  Explain your situation and see what moderator can do for you.  No guarantees about the promotion, but moderator should help with autopay.  Expect 1-2 days response time.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Shelby3

Was not aware that you can only have 1 email per account - interesting.

Still pretty unfair.

Shelby3

I linked my credit card to the plan that indicate auto-pay bonus.  My husband is on the same plan and he received the $ 2 discount.

@Shelby3You are correct "Also because I bought 3 SIM cards on the one email address I cannot get the other 2 on the free one-time 5GB data Add-on?"

jiwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

after login to your account, you will see something like that: there should be ($2) besides the "Autopay reward" 

Capture.PNG

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe that may be the case. You can only receive the auto-pay reward if you've linked a credit card. Are you on a plan that includes an auto-pay bonus and have you received that bonus? Also, rewards and add-ons can take a while to show up. Wait a few more days and then contact a moderator if you still haven't received the auto-pay reward and add-on. 

Shelby3

There is no credit for the autopay in my account. 

Also because I bought 3 SIM cards on the one email address I cannot get the other 2 on the free one-time 5GB data Add-on?

Is this correct.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

it will be in your account within 72 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shelby3 wrote:

I ordered a SIM car on June 1 and was told if I ordered a SIM card today with a $25 plan I would  get a free one-time 5GB data Add-on.

I activated my SIM card on Saturday, June 8, 2019 and still don't have the extra 5 GB of data?

Also, when activating my account I didn't get the $2 off for my autoplan.

Please advise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a little confused.So here's the deal.

If you bought the SIM online on the 1st using a new, unique-to-here email address and it arrived and you activated it using that same email address then you *should* be entitled to the promo which is said to show up within 3 days after activation.

If you activated and at the *same time* (not afterwards) you set up autopay then yes you should see an immediate $2 credit in your Available Funds and also the $2 reward for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.