cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan won't activate

spoonofsoup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just signed up for Public Mobile at london drugs, and i bought a sim card and payed $43 for the $40 plan. The guy helped me set up the account and activate the plan. But now i'm looking at it says my plan isn't active and i have insufficient funds, however it's the $40 and i have $43 in funds. I am unable to pay for public mobile with my credit cvard because they won't accept cards from quebec for some reason. I can't figure out why the plan isn't working.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! Dunkman to the rescue.

It's so counter-intuitive to give more money but wow. Clearly I forgot about that solution from the other few times you did that. Nice. 

Great news.....  happy to help.....  Public Mobile really needs to fix their website....

@spoonofsoup

I can't guarantee that your account will start up after manual loading. There are a few glitches in the Public Mobile self service account....  It just worked for a couple of people in the last week.  With similar problems....  It might be worth trying instead of wait 2-3 days for moderator to fix it....

There have not been many people complaining that their Quebec credit card have not work in the last month or two.....

Choose Payment Tab, then Make a Payment Tab, One Time Payment, Select amount.....  

Yes, any left over money will be used for the following month....  

spoonofsoup

@Dunkman oh ok i just figured it out! i went to the payment, and i selected pay a different amount than what's due, and i chose $1, and my credit card went through (it seems that it is now accepted which is also awesome). Now i have $4 balance, and my $40 plan has activated.

All good now! Thank's for the help everyone

spoonofsoup

@Dunkman sure i could put on $5 or less if possible and you're pretty sure it will solve the problem. The only issue is they've always had trouble with my Visa card (they've said it's because it's from Quebec) in the past so its unlikely it will let me pay, but worth a try i suppose. How exactly do i add money just to balance to try that? Whenever i try to click make a payment it says i ow 0$

Edit: and that money i put on now will be able to be used the following month is that correct?

@spoonofsoup

Unfortunately, the wait times for moderators have been 48-72 hours the last 1-2 weeks. So, you probably need to wait 1-2 days for this to be resolved.....

We have helped a couple of people with similar situation to you the last week.  They also had enough money in their balance, but for some reason, their account was still suspended.  The 2 customers manually loaded a small amount of money (ie. $5) into their self service account.  Then their account activated....    I know... it is a bit weird, but it worked for them.  Not sure whether you want to try that....  

spoonofsoup

@Anonymous

Thanks for the help! i think my situation just wan't anticipated in their system so it's kind of broken and needs some manual overrides. I really need this phone number ASAP i hope that someone addresses it soon or i will need to try to get a refund at london drugs and go with another carrier

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spoonofsoup: Well my head is spinning :). I guess you just have to wait for the mods to reply to your PM. Maybe an Oracle might chime in with much better ideas than mine.

spoonofsoup

@Anonymous

i think my account was suspended in the past because of innactivity, it would have been active over a year ago. and yes, by 'just' i mean about 10 minutes before my OP i got back from getting the new sim card from london drugs. i'm starting to think all of this would have been fine if i had got the sim card, registered it to my account and then paid for my plan with my credit card, but i think the order in which i did things broke the system because i got the sim card, the guy at london drugs set it up for me there, and then he added the plan and credit i bought there, and then after all that was done i registered a new account with my email, but maybe it stores my email and sees it as an old account and wants a payment to reactivate it, however my payment had already gone through before it was connected to my account (the plan payment went directly onto the sim)

EDIT: plan cost i'm not sure what it was before... i imagine it was more than $40 though

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spoonofsoup: Huh. Interesting. You may be right about you having had an account with the same email address prior to this new activation. Were you a bad boy before (assuming gender 🙂 ) ?

When you say in your OP "just", you mean like just now here today right?

Edit: What was your plan cost when you used to be here?

spoonofsoup

@AnonymousPMscreenshot.jpgAs i mentioned earlier, i paid tax already on both sim card and balance, i bought the sim card ($10) and $43 of credit which in total came to $59.36 with tax

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or a buck 80 short.

Regardless...I would be curious to see a screenshot of your overview page.

Blank out anything personal.

spoonofsoup

@popping i don't think that is correct, because i already paid tax on the credit when i bought the credit at london drugs, it wouldn't be correct if they charged me for tax twice.

spoonofsoup

Ok thanks for the speedy help, i'l message the mod team. Yeah i tried to restart the phone... it doesnt seem to work however. I connect to the network but it's got a "!" and i dont seem to be able to send/recieve or connect to 3G. I definitely have $43 balance, and when i try to activate the plan it says i ow nothing, but that i still need to put in credit card or voucher, which i've already done to get the $43 in the first place and i don't have any more... I'l message the mods and have them manual override or something because theres something wrong with their system it looks like. Cheers!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@spoonofsoup wrote:

Hi,

I just signed up for Public Mobile at london drugs, and i bought a sim card and payed $43 for the $40 plan. The guy helped me set up the account and activate the plan. But now i'm looking at it says my plan isn't active and i have insufficient funds, however it's the $40 and i have $43 in funds. I am unable to pay for public mobile with my credit cvard because they won't accept cards from quebec for some reason. I can't figure out why the plan isn't working.

You must be from BC.  BC HST is 12%. $40 plan+ 12% = $44.80.  You are $0.80 short to pay for your $40 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spoonofsoup

- Ok regarding $43.  I originally thought that was tax.  Basically, you should have $3 left in your account, and an active $40 plan.

Have you tried restarting the phone?  Just in case...

Other than that, I think you might need to contact the moderator team and ask them to apply the funds in your account to the plan that you just set up.  Include account# & PIN in original message to help speed up identification.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

spoonofsoup

It could be that it's attatching this new account to my old account, because it's the same email, and so it is perhaps wanting to have a transaction made to reactivate it, however i don't want to pay more money for no reason as i just paid for $43 credit (plus the new sim card) that was sent to my account. I suppose if that's the case i need the account to be manually activated? As for the credit card, never in the past has public mobile accepted my Desjardins Visa card, in the past i had to use a family members card which is why this time i've ellected to pay at london drugs instead, however it still seems to have issues this way...

spoonofsoup

Ah and when i click reactivate current plan i get the following message:

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

I had a public mobile account some years back, but have been out of the country, and this is a new account and new sim card, and it says i have $43 balance, and $0 is due, but it won't let me do anything, i don't understand. I actually had to pay for $43 at london drugs (plus tax) because just $40 wasnt an option, i was told i would have the $3 left over afterwards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spoonofsoup, if your self serve show available funds of 40$ (the tax you paid does not show up in self serve), then the funds did not get applied to your plan.

Any chance there is an option to apply the funds to the plan?

Also, take a look at the account history.  Does it show anything other than the $40? 

Might be that the account did not activate correctly.

EDIT:  Do not try to pay again, if you already paid (& have an account balance).  Furthermore, there should not be any specific issue with CCs issued from Quebec.  If you are unable to register your CC into your account, please provide the details/error message.

Need Help? Let's chat.