cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan start and end date vs usage dates ...

wolfcruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, sorry my title doesn't really ask the question I am trying to ask ! ha ha! ...

My payment due date is the 2nd of Aug .. today !!

Does anyone know when the minutes and data gb's that are part of my data plan expire? Is it at midnight PST of the ''payment due date'' ?

Many thanks all !

6 REPLIES 6

wolfcruise

Thankyou everyone .. Eastern Time it is !! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wolfcruise wrote:

Hummmm, I am still a bit lost ...

I have paid today, so my balance is a zero, and my next payment will be in September ...

I am just wanting to switch my cellphone from wifi to my mobile data, but I don't want to eat way at next months ...

So, you think Public Mobile runs on Eastern Time for the plan starts and ends ?

Your next term doesn't start until midnight ET. Whatever you are consuming now will be out of this current (last day now) term.

Yes. Everything's ET.

wolfcruise

Hummmm, I am still a bit lost ...

I have paid today, so my balance is a zero, and my next payment will be in September ...

I am just wanting to switch my cellphone from wifi to my mobile data, but I don't want to eat way at next months ...

So, you think Public Mobile runs on Eastern Time for the plan starts and ends ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything runs on ET around here.

The following is generally what you can watch for this evening. Don't do anything to your account while it's doing the renewal. And it seems to be continuing well into the next day these days. As long as your services are working it's all good.

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.
At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take any community reward out and reset it and take out and re-apply other rewards. It will also inexplicably change the expiry date to this new day later.
Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance.
The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.
Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe it is based on payment date 11:59 pm EST then your cycle starts over again the following day.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Yes that is correct...almost. I find that everything starts to happen at 9PM PST here in BC. Not certain if your plan would quit working completely at 9 PM if you didn’t have Autopay but my data use restarts at 9PM and the “Plan Expired - Please Ignore if on Autopay” message appears then. In any event your payment arrangement must be in place on that day to continue working the following day.

Terry

Need Help? Let's chat.