cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Plan says it's going to deactivate in 30 days instead of 90

@Mary_M @Shazia_K

I changed my 90 day plan to a 10 day plan after it expired on Feb 3 and now I'm out of the country until April but when I login it still says:

• Account Deactivation Date: Mar 16, 2017

Why doesn't it say May 13, 2017 since my 10 day top-up expired Feb 13?

Does this mean I will lose my number after Mar 16? But I'm out of the country and don't need my phone until April.

I even suspended my account to make sure it doesn't get deactivated but that didn't seem to help. What can I do to ensure I don't lose my number in a couple of weeks?

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 9.55.28 AM.png

-thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

Re: Plan says it's going to deactivate in 30 days instead of 90

Hey @guri,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the question. I would be more than happy to clarify!

Since your plan was changed on February 3rd, to a 10 day plan, it should expire on February 13th 2017. This means that you have 90 days, after this day to make a payment. If you exceed 90 days, your account will become deactivated without the possibility of reactivating.

I've made it easier for you and calculated the deactivation date - 90 days from February 13th is May 14, 2017. Please be sure to top up prior to this day., in order to keep your account active.

I hope that I was able to provide some clarity on this matter, but I invite you to send me a message if you ever have any questions 🙂

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

your account satus says lost/stolen...

Did you report it as lost/stolen? that may be why it is showing an earlier date??? If not, you'll probably have to get in touch with a Mod to verify who you are and you do own the phone 

Highlighted

I changed it to "Lost/Stolen" after I saw that it said it was going to be deactivated within 30 days instead of 90, hoping it would make a difference, but it didn't

Highlighted
Oracle

This is a known false notification. Your account will be deleted for 90 days after the last expiry date; which looks like Feb 13/17. Too lazy to confirm but that should be around  May 13.

No doubt you will feel better with official confirmation so send any moderator a private message ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Turn on email notification of private messages so you do not need to stay logged in here to see their response.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

Hey @guri,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the question. I would be more than happy to clarify!

Since your plan was changed on February 3rd, to a 10 day plan, it should expire on February 13th 2017. This means that you have 90 days, after this day to make a payment. If you exceed 90 days, your account will become deactivated without the possibility of reactivating.

I've made it easier for you and calculated the deactivation date - 90 days from February 13th is May 14, 2017. Please be sure to top up prior to this day., in order to keep your account active.

I hope that I was able to provide some clarity on this matter, but I invite you to send me a message if you ever have any questions 🙂

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok thank you, I'll ignore the message that says I'll lose my number on Mar 16. I'll be switching back to the 90-day plan in April anyway

Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

Yes, please disregard it 🙂 Your number is safe until 90 days after the plan expiry! @guri

Cheers,

Mary

Need Help? Let's chat.