cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewed today, already recieved 75% usage text.

jessicalauren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

My plan with 5GB of data renewed today. This evening I recieved a text to say I've used 75% of my data. However, when checking my data usage I have only used 526 MB of the 5120MB limit.

Any ideas what could be happening/why it is saying I have used more of my data than I actually have? 

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

rodneyyap

Don’t worry.  This must be a mistake. You can always check your "My Account" in the PM site.

@AE_Collector 

Hey that's an interesting theory! Many of these errant data usage texts that have cropped up in the last few months do coincide with most 611 texts being off kilter.

1. I am now getting my rewards applied text at 9pm. 12 hours late.
  2. I still get the successful renewal text at 9 am.
  3. Cha-ching texts are coming in 36 hours after the referral activated.
  4. Refer a friend texts for suspension now come at 9pm instead of 9 am.
  5. You have 10 minutes remaining in your plan text comes in exactly when it should.
  6. So the 75% data usage text could be coming in either 12 hours or 36 hours later than it should be as so could the 95% usage text as well.

All times Pacific.

I just renewed yesterday morning. This renewal the texts advising me of successful renewal were extremely slow/late in arriving over 24 hours late for one of my phones. Thus it could be that the 75% usage text was actually a very slow to be delivered warning about usage just before your renewal.

AE_Collector

@jessicalauren 

As evidenced by your data counter in your self serve account it is indeed an errant text. But it never hurts to at least take a screen shot of your overview page on the day of your renewal to endure your plan data resets.

I prefer to not only use my data tracker but my data warning and limiter set to 25% and 50% of my plan data that way I would know immediately if the text you received was errant or not. But not only that if for some reason you disconnect from WiFi or an app is running in the background eating up data even if I miss the warning the data will just stop with half of my data left rather than 25% or less.

jessicalauren

Thank you both! I hoped that it was a mistake and thank you for the app recommendations , I'll take a look!! 

if your data is showing 526.338 / 4593.662 , then no worry.  

As @JK8  said, this happens.

I always think the best to track is to use a Data tracker on your phone.  it will show you both the up-to-date usage as well as what apps using the data and how much.  Just make sure you download an app that is able to track PM's 30 days cycle and not just monthly

for Android, try Data Witness PM or Data Counter Widget

For iOS, try My Data Manager

@jessicalauren wrote:

Thanks for the response. I recieved a text this morning saying "Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed! Let's keep the conversation going." So I assume it renewed today but I can't seem to find a date on the homepage. 

On the data usage section it says the plan is active, I have used  526.338 MB and have 4593.662 remaining so I am wondering if the text was a mistake but also don't want my data to turn off if I carry on using it as normal 😕

Thanks 

That is an erroneous text message. It happens.  You have only used about 11%. Rely on the counter in self service under My Data & Add-Ons. That data line will disappear once all your data has been used up for the cycle.

Look at  View Payment History in self service for your renewal date. 

jessicalauren

Thanks for the response. I recieved a text this morning saying "Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed! Let's keep the conversation going." So I assume it renewed today but I can't seem to find a date on the homepage. 

On the data usage section it says the plan is active, I have used  526.338 MB and have 4593.662 remaining so I am wondering if the text was a mistake but also don't want my data to turn off if I carry on using it as normal 😕

Thanks 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jessicalauren    did you go on to My Account and confirmed the plan renewal date for this cycle starts today?   

Also, if you are checking on My Account, on the Overview tab under My Data & Add-Ons , there should be a line about your monthly data allowance with you plan.  It tells you how much you have and how much you have used.  What is showing there?  does it confirm that 75% of data used?

Need Help? Let's chat.