Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewal

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey friends.

I have a question about plan renewal. 

Let's I run out of minutes or data on $15 plan, Is it possible to renew plan early or add on is the only option? 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

@Kdhillon , minutes are pretty cheap and so I would not recommend early renewal when running out of minutes.  At $5/500 minutes, it does not make much sense to pay $15 for 100 more.  You can almost say the same for data at $15 for 1GB add-on.  The beauty of non-expiring add-ons is that if used wisely, it can last a while.  It is pretty easy to do a break even analysis to determine whether going up to the $25 plan is worthwhile or not, particularly if both data and minutes prove insufficient for the $15 plan.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhillon  it makes no sense to renew early for 250mb of data, it would be better to either go up to the $25 plan  for the additional 750 mb of data for $10 more. Or the other option the $15 1 gig data add-on. Which doesn't expire and carries over until its used up. I'm on the same plan and have added add ons. See below.

20200419_140531.jpgStay safe. 

maggamoka

If you don't want to go over your minutes, an idea that might help and suit you would be to download the App "Text now". You can text as well as talk through WiFi for free. It's just an idea, it doesn't fit everyone's need. Have a great weekend !

Kdhillon

Thank you everyone for the quick response and options.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhillon I would say your best option is to add 500 minutes for $5.00. 

This is what I would do if I was in your place. 

Best renewal practice is to set it to change upon renewal not before. Unless it is economically a disadvantage to wait until renewal. 

Great question. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

You can renew an existing plan early through the moderator team. Just make sure the funds are in your account and submit a ticket request.

You can reach them:

1-

Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot..He’ll give you a ticket to contact the moderators to solve your issue.

 2- via private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To renew early contact moderators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Make sure you have enough money on your account to do it (don't count on rewards they will be credited to you after 24 hours if they don't contact moderators)

To renew early, you would have to ask the moderators. The full plan fee would be due immediately, and you will receive no discount for the amount of time previously paid for the plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.