cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan "Expired" Supposedly

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I got a text from PM today about making sure I have funds in my account so they can charge me when the time comes and hours later I am now checking up on my account and in my account it says my plan has "expired" even though on top of the website it says that I have till 11:59 PM to pay up and I have enough money in my account to pay the bill.

I guess what I'm really asking is if I have enough in my account, which I most certainly do, why does the website say my plan is expired? Isn't that dishonest?

16 REPLIES 16

@valeriecameron1   At renewal time the system will have a few changes. If your service is working just ignore your account until the process is complete.

We have all been new once and had the same concerns as you.

Here's how the next little while will play out during a renewal.

Account will go like this.

• Active to Expired
  • Expired to Suspended with this note at the top of your account.
  • Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg
  • Also maybe an incorrect NEXT payment due date showing. While in suspended. 

Once the system does everything that is needed. Credit any rewards, debit balance, charge card remaining owed. The system will eventually update and your account will once again say "Active" with the proper next payment due date.

During this entire process as long as your service is working. Ignore your account.

@valeriecameron1 wrote:

So why is my account expired BEFORE the due date?

And why is it every time I add funds to the Add-on account, this happens?

Is your due date tomorrow in self service? Renewal is in eastern time, so if you are out west your renewal is happening right now. Expire is one of the status in self service it goes through during renewal. Tomorrow morning your status will be back to normal. Your phone still works.

valeriecameron1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

BRAVO - that's exactly what I am on a rampage about!  Fix the system so your customers don't get so angry.

valeriecameron1

If this is a "glitch" in the system, why doesn't someone do something about it.  This is very annoying.  If I didn't pay with auto-pay I could understand it, but they have my credit card, and arbitrarily cancel my service.  This is not good!!!

valeriecameron1

What does renewal have to do with this? 

valeriecameron1

So why is my account expired BEFORE the due date?

And why is it every time I add funds to the Add-on account, this happens?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Obice,

We'll be happy to help!
Just in case you weren't able to find a solution/answer within the community, feel free to create a ticket here and a moderator will be able to help you after investigating the usage from your account.

Hope this helps!

@Obice  This being my first time on a prepaid service I have no idea what my online account would say during the renewal process. Expired makes a certain amount of sense your plan does expire and then renews. So I would have a bigger complaint with the suspended warning if anything but since that has a caveat to ignore it if you have autopay or sufficient funds to cover your renewal it should not be that big of a deal. Once you experience a renewal and freak out, come onto the community in a panic and learn that that this is par for the course it should be done and dusted. Previously I would just wait for my bill to come in the mail and freak out when there was overages or billing mistakes and then wait on hold listening to bad canned music getting madder by the minute every time I heard "caller volume s higher than expected" and try not to let out a stream of expletives when I finally got customer service agent. Public mobile is certainly not perfect but i find it no better or worse than any other mobile provider i have been with it just has different service issues that often stem from access to to your account that you would not normally see or have control over at other providers. Pm being sold as DIY, online only and/or self serve gives most people a pretty clear idea of what to expect or at the least the knowledge that they will have to use the community to help manage their accounts, phones and/or issues they may have. The one thing public mobile has that no other provider has is a community that is engaged, available, willing and able to help with most issues and happy to do so...they are second to none and absolutely the best reason to stay with public mobile except of course the price. The community ROCKS!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Obice wrote:

It is incredibly difficult to "vote with my wallet" when the market is so limited and fixed.

@Obice I can't disagree with you there.  What you need to do is decide what's most important to you and what your budget is, and what you are and are not wiliing to pay extra for.  Public Mobile offers attractive plans at attractive prices for many usage patterns (though not all, as there's no such thing as a 1-size-fits-all provider); however, as with everything in life, there are tradeoffs to be made.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Obice

It is incredibly difficult to "vote with my wallet" when the market is so limited and fixed.

Some providers offer something while the other providers offer something different or similar, and the offers are expertly curated in a manner that each tier of service has a certain niche to it so you have to choose more of a "median" than what you actually want to have or need.

For example, Public Mobile offers a $25 plan that includes Unlimited Canada-wide talk, Unlimited international texting and 1GB of data and then Chatr Mobile offers a $25 plan that is data-only BUT offers Unlimited incoming Canada-wide talk, so then you'd likely need a free app or another service altogether to make outgoing calls. Chatr Mobile also offers a $25 plan that is for talking and texting only, no data. Want some data? Well, either pay an extra $10 for the $35 plan or get the data plan...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Obice wrote:

I cannot be the only person with these thoughts. If paying less also means you have to deal with incomplete work I just might go elsewhere.

@Obice you are not.  Have a look around, it comes up over and over again.  Yes, it's ridiculous that they have shown no interest in fixing this.  Feel free to vote with your wallet if the way things work there isn't acceptable.  On the other hand, this is one thing you "only" have to learn about once, and you're already over that hurdle now.  As always, it's up to you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Obice

My service still works.

I gotta say, as a paying customer, these bugs and glitches are quite disgruntling for something I have to pay for. If there are bugs or glitches normally they would be fixed. Is the fact that Public Mobile is a third tier service the cause of the procrastination or otherwise lack of proper work being done?

I cannot be the only person with these thoughts. If paying less also means you have to deal with incomplete work I just might go elsewhere.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Don't worry, I think that is a glitch in the system.  As long as you have Autopay activated or you have funds in your account, it should be fine.  While you are at it, don't mess with your plans as the system might mis-interpret it as you changing something in the system

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

I got a text from PM today about making sure I have funds in my account so they can charge me when the time comes and hours later I am now checking up on my account and in my account it says my plan has "expired" even though on top of the website it says that I have till 11:59 PM to pay up and I have enough money in my account to pay the bill.

I guess what I'm really asking is if I have enough in my account, which I most certainly do, why does the website say my plan is expired? Isn't that dishonest?

Ignore the message. Your plan is renewing tonight. If service is working, nothing is wrong. It will say suspended later tonight. Ignore too.  It only suspends if payment fails. The test is if service works, not self serve.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It's been recommended to not make changes in your account while this happens.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This happens at every renewal. Many calls for its removal have been made, but nothing has changed. If you have money in there, my experience has been that your account will renew and you'll wake up and see the messages are gone and your renewal will be completed.

I trust this will be your experience as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.