cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan pricing, data and the competition

Benoitranger89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello public mobile community!

First time posting here so barre with me... so i signed up for public mobile 3 months back and love the pricing and don't notice the 3g speed vs lte to be honest. Signed up for the 1gb for 25$/month plan but i see online that it is going up to 30$/month. Is this accurate?

Also, lucky Mobile is offering the same plan 25$/month for 1gb plus unlimited throttled at 128mps afterwards... is public mobile working on offering that as well?

Lucky mobile also has an app for wifi calling across Canada and the US. Public mobile planing on providing something similar?

thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

@Benoitranger89 wrote:

That's good to know! And chatr and lucky are zone restricted so feel like public mobile is the best of the bunch

The current plans at Lucky and Chatr are not zoned.

@Benoitranger89 wrote:

First time posting here so barre with me... so i signed up for public mobile 3 months back and love the pricing and don't notice the 3g speed vs lte to be honest. Signed up for the 1gb for 25$/month plan but i see online that it is going up to 30$/month. Is this accurate?

Also, lucky Mobile is offering the same plan 25$/month for 1gb plus unlimited throttled at 128mps afterwards... is public mobile working on offering that as well?

Lucky mobile also has an app for wifi calling across Canada and the US. Public mobile planing on providing something similar?

thank you in advance!

Public Mobole has not given any notice to customers on the $25 plan  of a price increase.  $30 happens to be an old price a for a plan no longer offereed that included the same features.  For a short time, Public Mobile did discontinue this current $25 plan, but that just meanr that if you didn't already subscribe to it, you couldn't get it.

Benoitranger89

That's good to know! And chatr and lucky are zone restricted so feel like public mobile is the best of the bunch

@Benoitranger89 

Officially policy is that PM can change prices with 30 days notice.  PM often follows pricing on other tier 3 companies like Lucky mobile and Chatr.  

PM has not increased pricing on grandfathered plan in the last few years though.  PM tried with one of their popular grandfathered plans and there was an uproar and PM backed down on the price increase.  

Benoitranger89

Rates can change given a 30 notice according to SIMon... where did you guys see the grandfather pricing?

Benoitranger89

Rates can change given a 30 notice according to SIMon... where did you guys see the grandfather pricing?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am still seeing the $25 plan on the plan website.  Generally, if you have taken a plan, it will be grandfathered at that price and with those features even if it no longer offered.  Of course, this is all subject to terms and conditions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benoitranger89 wrote:

thank you in advance!

Welcome.

Click the Plans link up top to get the current plans. That's old news that you're seeing about the $25 plan. And besides, if you're in a plan then they rarely ever change it on you. You're grandfathered to keep.

No one here other than employees know what's coming up as far as competing.

Need Help? Let's chat.