Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a $25 plan that includes:

500mb data 

Unlimited canada wide talk

unlimited text

plus an add on

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

400 min intl long Distance.

I just tried to make a call to the US from ON and was told that I no longer have US minutes. I went to usage and added all US phone calls and found that it doesn't add up to 200 minutes (around a 100 if that). I call my son in BC often. Can this be the problem? 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wnicholson 

Do you see your plan in the plan area? Sometimes the site gets in a mood. Apparently there was a period of time this morning that it wasn't working. so have another look. Maybe also clear cache/site cookies or a different browser or incognito/privacy mode.

@wnicholson wrote:

Should be minutes but none there..

@wnicholson  If the minutes counters is not showing up on your selfserve landing page it means that they were all used up.

If you believe that there was an error submit a ticket to PM to investigate. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

wnicholson

Tried both.. not working.. Neither 400 or 200 minutes there..

@wnicholson wrote:

No help.. doesn't resolve issue

Were you able to contact a moderator?

Have a look at this link if you need to contact one:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

wnicholson

Should be minutes but none there..

wnicholson

No help.. doesn't resolve issue

@wnicholson wrote:

Yes I'm aware of rounding up..

Please contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) via the chatbot for assistance:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

wnicholson

Yes I'm aware of rounding up..

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No @wnicholson calling your son in B.C. shouldn't use your long distance minutes, especially if you are on the unlimited Canada wide talk plan. Minutes are rounded up to the nearest minute ie 1.09 seconds is counted as 2 minutes.  Do you still have your 400 minute international add on? If you do, you should be able to call the US. Could you try manually dialing the number? Thanks. Stay safe 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@wnicholson did you round every minute up to the next min? 

Even if you use 1 second over it will round up to the next minute. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wnicholson Hello if you go into your self serve under data and add-ons do you see any US minutes if not they are all used up

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@wnicholson 

Did you know that seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 1.5 minute call is rounded up to 2 minutes.)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wnicholson wrote:

I have a $25 plan that includes:

500mb data 

Unlimited canada wide talk

unlimited text

plus an add on

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

400 min intl long Distance.

I just tried to make a call to the US from ON and was told that I no longer have US minutes. I went to usage and added all US phone calls and found that it doesn't add up to 200 minutes (around a 100 if that). I call my son in BC often. Can this be the problem? 

@wnicholson  Calling your son in BC is not a problem since your plan includes unlimited Canada wide calling.

Access your selfserve or dial *611 to get your add-on usage stats. If the add-on counter does not appear on the selfserve landing page then those minutes are used up.

If you have add-on minutes remaining in your account then try dialing the number directly (not from contacts) to make sure the number you are dialing is correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.