cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not re-activating

PlayDoh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

my wife’s had a PM account for 1 month, then it expired for 5 days. She made a payment for amount owing and the balance was enough to activate the plan. 

After payment the overview page says to ignore the message that the account is suspended if there are enough funds. Yet it also has a button to re-activate the plan. 

We’ve tried to re-activate and waited 5 days for it to ‘kick in’, yet nadda. So today she made another payment for amount owing, yet it’s still not activating. It’s used the funds from the account from the first payment, but hasn’t activated. 

The phone won’t receive or send texts or calls, with calls prompting a message noting the account / plan isn’t active. This is a situation where a customer service number would be great. Anyways, I’m hoping this can get fixed soon. 

21 REPLIES 21

PlayDoh

So I haven’t received any reply from the Moderator team, and nothing’s changed. Any suggestions as to what I should do? 

I’m finding it hard to believe there isn’t anyone a person can contact, other than a forum. And this whole ordeal has me considering switching providers. It’s not practical to just go without service for a week+ without any idea someone is even aware of the problem. 

Ugh

Sylviabloge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i am suppose to add funds to my account day before my plan is up which was oct 19 and i did that day but it was later in the evening after i got the text.. And my plan was up tonight oct 20 and i have more then enough funds in my balance but it says suspended n isnt letting me reactive my account or go to "my plan" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @stonechucker. That was suggested and apparently tried to no avail.

Thé latest fix seems to be activating the lost or stolen flag on the account, logging out of self serve, waiting 5-10 minutes, signing back in, and reactivating the plan by turning off the lost or stolen feature.

I have not attempted this as I’ve not lost service to be In this situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlayDoh wrote:

I’ve rebooted the phone. Yet since the PM self serve page is showing the plan as suspended / expired, it would seem to me that the issue is on their end. 

Indeed. I guess I'm out. Sorry for the wait for a mod.

Cheers.

PlayDoh

I’ve rebooted the phone. Yet since the PM self serve page is showing the plan as suspended / expired, it would seem to me that the issue is on their end. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlayDoh: Curious. It looks like it did indeed renew the plan on the 13th. I wonder if then a power cycle would have been needed to restart it. Or either of the tricks. Adding more should have effectively been one of the tricks but that didn't resolve the problem. Apparently nor did the lost/stolen trick.

Have you power cycled since those tricks? Maybe even airplane mode and back.

In the end, the extra amount in your account will just go towards next month but it's that you don't have service now.

PlayDoh

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlayDoh:...and your payment history? Only if you're alright with it. Blank personal info like you just did.

You said you paid twice. I see your balance indicating enough to cover the plan. I see what I guess to be the extra dollar as suggested as a trick to kick it to go. Apparently it didn't work. Maybe it only works on newly suspended accounts.

You haven't had service for like 12 days now?!

The mods do work weekends but dang their delays are terrible.

Sorry, my bad. D29C4110-FACF-4594-8B17-722A369F9D32.jpeg

No service since the 7th, and payment debited on the 13th. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlayDoh:...and your payment history? Only if you're alright with it. Blank personal info like you just did.

You said you paid twice. I see your balance indicating enough to cover the plan. I see what I guess to be the extra dollar as suggested as a trick to kick it to go. Apparently it didn't work. Maybe it only works on newly suspended accounts.

You haven't had service for like 12 days now?!

The mods do work weekends but dang their delays are terrible.

PlayDoh

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlayDoh:

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of your Overview page and your payment history page? Blank out any personal info of course..

F01D4799-E4ED-41E9-B436-009DEF919CB4.jpeg

Tapping the ‘reactivate current plan’ forwards to the make a payment page, yet the special note says to ignore if a manual payment has been made. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlayDoh:

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of your Overview page and your payment history page? Blank out any personal info of course..

PlayDoh

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlayDoh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlayDoh wrote:

Hi

my wife’s had a PM account for 1 month, then it expired for 5 days. She made a payment for amount owing and the balance was enough to activate the plan. 

After payment the overview page says to ignore the message that the account is suspended if there are enough funds. Yet it also has a button to re-activate the plan. 

We’ve tried to re-activate and waited 5 days for it to ‘kick in’, yet nadda. So today she made another payment for amount owing, yet it’s still not activating. It’s used the funds from the account from the first payment, but hasn’t activated. 

The phone won’t receive or send texts or calls, with calls prompting a message noting the account / plan isn’t active. This is a situation where a customer service number would be great. Anyways, I’m hoping this can get fixed soon. 

Did you try rebooting? Maybe all the way to removing SIM and rebooting. Does it say it's active on Overview now or..?

I tried rebooting without sim but no luck. It says the plan is inactive on the self-help site. 

@Moderator_Team

If you have enough funds available in your Available Funds and your service is in suspend status then maybe one or two of these tricks might work for you.

1. Lost/Stolen: log in, upper bar Plans and Add-ons, lower bar Lost/Stolen Phone - Suspend Service

2. Manual payment: log in, upper bar Payment, lower bar Make a Payment, lower area One Time Payment - payment method and then Paymenr Type Other.

For 1, suspend it, log out, wait a few minutes, log back in and re-enable (might be called Resume)

For 2, just do a small amount like $1 so that you're not adding so much to your balance.

You said your plan is suspended. That means you're not out any money. When you re-activate it your 30 days will restart then...not your old other date.

Thanks for the help. We tried both methods but still no luck. I considered changing plans, and actually choosing the same plan, which it allowed me to choose. Yet I’m afraid the $35 already spent will get lost in the shuffle. 

Ive messaged the Moderator team, yet I’m not sure when I’ll get a reply since it’s Friday. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlayDoh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlayDoh wrote:

Hi

Did you try rebooting? Maybe all the way to removing SIM and rebooting. Does it say it's active on Overview now or..?

I tried rebooting without sim but no luck. It says the plan is inactive on the self-help site. 

@Moderator_Team

If you have enough funds available in your Available Funds and your service is in suspend status then maybe one or two of these tricks might work for you.

1. Lost/Stolen: log in, upper bar Plans and Add-ons, lower bar Lost/Stolen Phone - Suspend Service

2. Manual payment: log in, upper bar Payment, lower bar Make a Payment, lower area One Time Payment - payment method and then Paymenr Type Other.

For 1, suspend it, log out, wait a few minutes, log back in and re-enable (might be called Resume)

For 2, just do a small amount like $1 so that you're not adding so much to your balance.

You said your plan is suspended. That means you're not out any money. When you re-activate it your 30 days will restart then...not your old other date.

PlayDoh

@mimmo wrote:

Try making a payment of 1$ and or enable ING the lost stolen phone feature for 5-10 minutes

I’m afraid I have no idea how to do that. 

I think since the plan plan has been paid for since the 13th, some official action is warranted. 

Yet thank you for the advice. I’ll try to see if I can figure out how to do that. 

PlayDoh

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlayDoh wrote:

Hi

@Moderator_Team

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jarvar @No thanks needed we are all here to help and give advice to the best of our knowledge. And if we can help others with their answers all the better

Yes one mod said that was the case then a couple  days later it was clarified.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo Thank you for letting me know. I apologize as I wasn't sure about that. I remember people saying that you shouldn't send multiple messages because then it would bump you to the back of the queue. I think some people were saying it wasn't so, but I wasn't sure about that.

Thank you.

mimmo

@Jarvar just a note on your last point. Multiple messages does not put you at end of line. It just makes things more time consuming for mods to handle 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @PlayDoh

If it says your plan isn't active and you have already tried what @mimmo and @Anonymous have suggested. You may need to go ahead and contact the Moderator team to get the Public Mobile account back up and running.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

mimmo

Try making a payment of 1$ and or enable ING the lost stolen phone feature for 5-10 minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlayDoh wrote:

Hi

Need Help? Let's chat.