cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired?!

anniemh2220
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi ,

I pay for my plan every month. It's due tomorrow, the 24th. I just signed in to make a payment and at the top, under the the dark green boxes where you can choose what you want to do it says :

Plan Expired. 

I made my payment like I normally do and Public mobile doesn't usually take the money until noon. 

I'm thinking it's just an error or something. Has anyone else had this happen before? 

I just get a bit anxious by these things.

I'm sure everything will be ok.

Thanks,

Annie 

11 REPLIES 11

@anniemh2220 it has always said that (Expired) you may have just never logged in at the right time to see it.

The day before your payment due date in later afternoon/evening your account goes from Active to Expired. 

Then  it goes Expired to Suspended with this note.

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

Once the system updates (usually around 12pm eastern) on payment due date the account the goes from suspended back to active after system collected the payment and updates everything.

anniemh2220

I'm asking why it said that this time because as far as I can remember I haven't received that message.. 

Why the interest in my boring question?  

¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

@anniemh2220 wrote:

Actually I'm very familiar with the the way Public mobile works, and payments etc. 

I also know that it usually says "disregard this message if you're using auto pay" or something to that effect.

Never has it said "Plan Expired" before my account is due, or where it says that when I sign in. 

I've been with Public mobile for several years. I have never seen that before.

OH, so you're saying you DID NOT receive that "disregard this message" thing this time? I was going to mention that, thinking that maybe you were unaware of it, but then I read your above post.....

Another part of the puzzle is that PM used to say that renewal day was on what was day 30 as the renewal process would start that evening. They changed a couple of months ago to saying renewal day is day 1 of 30 instead of day 30 of 30.

AE_Collector

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Same for me.  My plan is due to renew tomorrow so it says "Plan Expired" in red letters today!  Weird but it happens.

@anniemh2220 it's always said plan expired just before plan renewal for me so not sure why you haven't seen it before.

anniemh2220

Actually I'm very familiar with the the way Public mobile works, and payments etc. 

I also know that it usually says "disregard this message if you're using auto pay" or something to that effect.

Never has it said "Plan Expired" before my account is due, or where it says that when I sign in. 

I've been with Public mobile for several years. I have never seen that before.

Oh and yes it renews every 30 days. 

Thanks, 

Annie 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@anniemh2220  If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

@anniemh2220  just one correction. You don't pay "every month" plans are every 30 days so the due date will always change.

As @Joelkim said. Don't worry. This is normal...I do believe in you account on that message it also says something like "If you have funds in account or on auto-pay. To disregard the message"

anniemh2220

@Joelkim wrote:

Hi Annie,

Don't worry. It happened it to me yesterday. The payment went well the next day. I received the text from them at 9 am. It is normal. You can ignore the message if you already set up the auto pay.

Awesome. That's what I thought. Ok, thanks so much Joelkim. 

😁

Joelkim

Hi Annie,

Don't worry. It happened it to me yesterday. The payment went well the next day. I received the text from them at 9 am. It is normal. You can ignore the message if you already set up the auto pay.

Need Help? Let's chat.