cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired on autopay

fillione
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account says plan has expired, and to ignore if on autopay, which I am ... What now?

17 REPLIES 17

@susanregs send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. Stay safe 

fillione

@susanregs I just successfully opened a ticket by clicking the contact us button after asking "simon" to "submit ticket". Hope this helps you

susanregs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure if it is working because it keeps saying are you sure?  I am faster and I can help.  and when I say I am sure it goes to speak about phone compatibility for messaging

@susanregs wrote:

I have followed the instructions exactly but cannot process a payment.  says to call credit card company.  Which I have and there is no issue with the card.  In fact I have since used the card for other transactions.  I don't understand why the account is still suspended and why we cannot make or receive calls.  We use this phone for work and so it is imperative that we are able to use it.

@susanregs click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention payment issue suspended account     check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@susanregs Can you follow one of the steps above to contact a moderator. They are the support team that can help you fix your account.

susanregs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have followed the instructions exactly but cannot process a payment.  says to call credit card company.  Which I have and there is no issue with the card.  In fact I have since used the card for other transactions.  I don't understand why the account is still suspended and why we cannot make or receive calls.  We use this phone for work and so it is imperative that we are able to use it.

@fillione wrote:

@Anonymous 

Phone is not working... Didn't want to pay manually to lose the autopay bonus... But if I don't have a choice...

Thx

@fillione  As long as you have AutoPay enabled then you will always receive the $2 reward, even if you pay with vouchers. Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 
    lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add plan cost + $1 to your account funds using a one time payment with the cc on file.

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fillione .....The creditcard on files gives a $2.00/ month discount. The autopay features sometimes does not do what it should do. This is why its a good idea to manually put the funds into your acccount by going to your selfserve account or 611 on your phone a few days before it expires.  This way you still get the discount and no need to worry if the auto pay will do what it should do. I make it a habit of adding funds the same day I get a text staing my month is up in a couple of days.

@fillione  wrote:

Phone is not working... Didn't want to pay manually to lose the autopay bonus... But if I don't have a choice...

Thx

You should not lose the AutoPay rewards when you make a manual payment. In fact, AutoPay and other rewards should already been applied to your Account Balance during the failed renewal. Please review your account balance and payment history to see any entry from yesterday and today. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fillione wrote:

Thx

You won't lose the reward.

fillione

@NDesaiCredit card expires next month, but otherwise, yes it is valid (has been for a year now)... And plenty of space to spend on it, so this officially sucks! I guess I'll have to pay manually...

fillione

@Anonymous 

Thx

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fillione  If your phone isn't working then Auto-Pay failed you will need to manually reactivate your account. If your phone is working leave it alone and let the plan renewal compete.

@Triguy wrote:

It is normal on your renewal date to show expired.  If your service is working then ignore it.  It usually takes a few hours for your status to update back to active.

It's normal during the night and early morning. However, seeing this during a mid day is not so normal. Looks like the account did not renew. 

@fillione Are you sure your credit card on file is valid? If yes, not sure what else gone wrong. Have you tried making a manual payment of plan cost - rewards? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is normal on your renewal date to show expired.  If your service is working then ignore it.  It usually takes a few hours for your status to update back to active.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@fillione if this is your cycle renewal date and your services are working properly then ignore the status of your self service account. The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

If your services aren't working properly and your account is suspended.  Then you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fillione wrote:

Account says plan has expired, and to ignore if on autopay, which I am ... What now?

What is the date on the top area of your self-serve page? Or what date does the 611 give you?

Are your services still working?

If the date is tomorrow and your services are working then just let it be and wait until tomorrow for your renewal to finish.

Need Help? Let's chat.