cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan downgrade and promos

Ayiazk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am looking at downgrading from the $35 plan to $25 plan. Will I loose my add-ons and promos if I do that?

Thanks,
AK

13 REPLIES 13

@Ayiazk 

Its always good to hear from a fellow community member like @tabi159w  who has the same promotion and has already tested the system to see if the 5gb data add on stays or goes.....the general rule of thumb is it was announced that promotional data add ons after Dec 4th 2019 were coded to be lost if the conditions of a promotion stated a rate plan change or a downgrade is made. There has been the odd report of it not happening on promotions after that date but it's definitely an at your own risk situation.

You can always go back thru the announcements board and look up the promotion you activated on and read the terms and conditions. However asking the community of their experience is invaluable because like all of us who activated on the RBC promo last fall we have kept the 5gb promo data add on despite the conditions saying otherwise.

Brody88

Add on should still be there as it is separate from your plan.  Promos depend on the promotion you signed up for.  Most likely you will lose this as you are changing the terms of your agreement.  Only thing I would caution is to make sure you set it to change at your next billing date.  If you choose to do it right away, you will be billed for the current month of the $35 plan and then immediately be billed for the $25 plan.  This just happened to me.  I switched plans just after the autopay billing date.  I went from $15 to $25.  I thought maybe it would bill me the difference, but it billed me for the full amount - just days after I paid the $15 for the current month.  What I learned from this experience: Plan ahead and always do the change on the next billing date.

Ayiazk

Great! Thanks.

Ayiazk

Yeah, that's the one.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You won't lose any of these. I also have the 5GB add-on and I've switched plans multiple times with no problems.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your add-ons will definitely not be lost but your promo (depending on its terms and conditions) may be. Can you describe what promo you had?

@Ayiazk the 2 holiday giveaways are safe. The 5 gig I don't know is this the one? It says activate on a $35 or higher plan. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-OFFER-2nd-Month-Free-BLACK-FRIDAY-S...

But it doesn't say that you lose the promo if you downgrade. Stay safe. 

Ayiazk

This is what I have:

Under Promotions

Black Friday 5GB one time add-on

Under My Data & Add-Ons:

Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance

Thanks

Ayiazk

This is what I have:

Under Promotions

Black Friday 5GB one time add-on

Under My Data & Add-Ons:

Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance

Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ayiazk , which promo did you sign up for?  Many do have conditions tied to the plan.  

@Ayiazk 

Which specific promotion did you sign up for?  Depends on terms and conditions. Most add one should be fine unless the promo gave a free add on. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ayiazk Your add ons will not be lost. Promos you would have to check the terms of the one you signed up for to see what would happen.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Ayiazk Addons - no, promo - depends on what promo was it. Most likely, the promo you have will be lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.