cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan doesn't work

Fhci1414
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Just paid for a province wide talk and everytime I make a call it says long distance and a call cannot be made
21 REPLIES 21

Fhci1414
Did the reboot like 3 4 times and it worked. Thanks!!

Have you rebooted / powered off your device?  It's suggested many times on plan changes.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Fhci1414

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I see that you sent me a private message but you forgot to include your Public Mobile phone number. 

Please send me the missing info. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Fhci1414
No os update. Just contacted the mods thank you

any OS updates?

Could be anything really, probably nothin you have control over, but hte mods can get it sorted fo you.

Fhci1414
But what could've changed? My phone was working perfectly fine yesterday

Fhci1414
Might have to just go with the data then haha thanks though

@Fhci1414, I had this issue calling a 226-XXX from my 226-YYY number in Brantford.  Both numbers were Brantford based.

It sounds like you'll need to contact the moderators, and have them work with the technical team to get this resolved.  

Every carrier will have a list of area codes and prefixes that they serve, and a list of those that they can call too.  It may be an issue that the lists are not yet up to date (frustrating), and it might take a bit for it to work 😞

I was going to suggest using a VoIP app, but without data, that won't work 😞

Fhci1414
This is my first time having any sort of problems with public mobile. Still very satisfied with their service.

thats odd, im from Cambridge, and im not expierencing this

Fhci1414
Yes I have one of the new Toronto area codes.

Fhci1414
I am calling a number from Kitchener

are you trying to call a city thats near a provincal border, or are you still calling a number in Kitchener?

@Fhci1414 are you using / calling one of the new area codes?

Did you ever dial this number previously on 30 day plan?

Might be account issue for mod to fix

Fhci1414
Thank you for your reply. I tried that and it is still telling me that I need to have a long distance plan to make a call. The message you are talking about unused to get that as well but the call would still connect. It would just tell me charges may apply (never do) but this message is telling me I need a long distance add-on.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Fhci1414, listen cafefully to the message.  I believe it's telling it's a long distance call, and there may be additional charges.  No worries, their won't be any extra charges.

You have province wide calling, however in your province, not every call is a local call.  For instance calling from Hamilton ON to Ancaster ON is a local 10-digit call, but calling Hamilton ON to Ottawa ON is 1+ the 10 digit number to dial.

To help you get around this, dial all your calls with"+1" before the 10 digit number, and your calls will skip the info message.

Fhci1414
I am in Kitchener so I'm not close to any borders. This is the first time happening. I usually use a 30 day plan but switched it this morning because my phone battery drains. So I'm just using my phone for calling now until I get a new phone. I'm not sure if that's why it's not working because I switched from a 30 day plan to ten. My old plan did have data and text though. Not sure if that helps, but thanks for the quick replies

are you anywhere near a provincial border? possibly picking up a croos border tower?

Fhci1414
No, I just need to make calls so I only selected province wide talk. Paid about 16 for the plan. And it was one of the ten day plans.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

do you have data and text?  are those working?

Need Help? Let's chat.