cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan does not work after Change

tspielmann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Guys,

I´ve been with Public Mobile for 40 months and until now I had no issues. I´ve had a plan with text, calls and 4.5 GB of data. After my plan expired this month I changed my plan to a cheaper one and loaded my account with money again. This was possible and the payment for the new plan was successful ($35 instead of 40$ paid from my balance). Unfortunately, even though I now have (paid)  a plan with 1GB of data, unlimited calls and text, I can neither call, text or go to the internet (always error message in a browser).
Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Best,

Tim

11 REPLIES 11

@tspielmann wrote:

Hey Guys,

after the trick you proposed data started working again. However, I still cannot call 888 numbers even though I have a Canada wide talk option included. Has anyone experienced this before?

Best,
Tim

Glad you got the service working. The 888 number is a provisoning issue which, like others mentioned the MODs area.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tspielmann wrote:

I will, unfortunately I did not even get a reply regarding the first issue to a message 2 days ago. Anyways, thank you guys!

Yeah response times suck. It was looking good about a week ago. But now back to terrible. Maybe all the promos keep them busy.

tspielmann

I will, unfortunately I did not even get a reply regarding the first issue to a message 2 days ago. Anyways, thank you guys!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tspielmann wrote:

I´ve called the same number 1 weeks ago with my old plan and it worked just fine. I´ve tried the lost/stolen trick again but no effect. 

The number is 1-888-426-7826

Worked for me.

I guess you need to talk to the mods.

tspielmann

I´ve called the same number 1 weeks ago with my old plan and it worked just fine. I´ve tried the lost/stolen trick again but no effect. 

The number is 1-888-426-7826

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tspielmann wrote:

Hey Guys,

after the trick you proposed data started working again. However, I still cannot call 888 numbers even though I have a Canada wide talk option included. Has anyone experienced this before?

Best,
Tim

Of course you need the 1 in front. But also some toll free's are geographically limited.

Are you willing to share the number so others can see if it works for them?

@tspielmann

Yes, some other customers have brought up the issue.  

You might want to try the lost/stolen phone trick again.  It worked with another customer yesterday who was try to call 1-888 Purlator phone number and it worked to fix that problem.  

Or the other option is to contact moderator to fix issue.   

tspielmann

Hey Guys,

Best,
Tim

tspielmann

Thanks Guys, now it's working again!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tspielmann wrote:

Hey Guys,

I´ve been with Public Mobile for 40 months and until now I had no issues. I´ve had a plan with text, calls and 4.5 GB of data. After my plan expired this month I changed my plan to a cheaper one and loaded my account with money again. This was possible and the payment for the new plan was successful ($35 instead of 40$ paid from my balance). Unfortunately, even though I now have (paid)  a plan with 1GB of data, unlimited calls and text, I can neither call, text or go to the internet (always error message in a browser).

Best,

Tim

Is your account status active?

If yes, your plan change may not be provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick may get your plan features provisioned again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@tspielmann wrote:

Hey Guys,

Best,

Tim

Hi, try this. This resets the account and quite often fixes this issue.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.